The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

PARIS, Apartment for Rent
This topic is about PARIS, Apartment for Rent
General Chat > Twitter ?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (rockstarintraining) I haven't based on a tweet. I usually rely on the wonderful people on GR to keep my to-read stack growing. However, if the tweet came from someone whose opinion I value, I could see myself checking out the book. GR is my go-to place for recommendations though.

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Decker | 8 comments While I have not chosen a book based on a Tweet, I have had friends ask me for opinions on books they saw in a Tweet. I think Twitter could be a good resource and would consider reading a book that I saw recommended on Twitter.

message 3: by Rhian (new)

Rhian (rhianlovesbooksx1f4d6) | 352 comments I often get books that are recommended by members of a book group I joined on Facebook but never from twitter

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 207 comments Given that I'm not much of a reader I tend to choose my books in all sorts of ways but it really has to draw my interest in in order for me to want to read it. When it comes to Twitter I've actually been drawn and interested in buying some. I just recently got a book because I saw a well composed tweet about it on Twitter.

I think the best way to be interested in a book you see on Twitter comes down to how the tweet is composed. If it's got great cover work, the cover is in the tweet and the links, hashtags and info are well written then I'm all for it. Although I'll say people tend to abuse this and the ones who constantly promote their book day in and day out are ones that I not only tend to avoid but I even go to lengths of unfollowing the author simply because they wish to spam rather than promote.