Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 61k YA, Survival, Apocalyptic, Religious, Fiction

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Hello betas! For your consideration, my newest work, RESET: A Utopian Apocalypse.

Zombies, bandits, cannibals, viruses, evil masterminds; the end of the world has been depicted in many ways. Every one of these stories seem to follow some fingerless-glove wearing, shotgun wielding, emotional, alcoholic, anti-hero, on his quest to save his family. RESET is not one of these books.

In RESET, an angel appears to Alexander Banks to make a life-changing revelation; those who do not paint lamb's blood on the door to their dwelling on the third night of November will surely perish. Three days later, the world becomes a much smaller place. Without roving bands of cannibalistic bandits, or hordes of undead monsters to hunt down the last remaining members of the human race, the apocalypse doesn't seem so bad. This novel paints the end of the world in a whole new way, while realistically dealing with the problems that would arise in such a scenario. From vicious packs of wild dogs to securing clean water and food, there's much to do in the new world.

My name's Michael Reis and I've worked for the last two years on this novel. I've spent hour after painful hour researching and talking to experts in order to bring life to this story. The places are real, the emotion is raw, and the situation is of a magnitude that few can comprehend. Now that the novel is finished and edited to the best of my ability, I turn to all of you for your honest critique. I've fallen in love with these characters over the years, and I hope you will too.

Please respond to this thread with your email address and preferred file format, and I'll be sure to respond within one days time. Thank you all, so much, for taking the time to read through this post. If I've managed to captivate your interest, but you still aren't sure, here's a brief sample of what to expect.

NOVEMBER 4
Tim rolled over in bed and heard birds chirping outside. He looked at his alarm clock and checked the time. It was nearly ten in the morning. He lay in bed a few moments, recapping his dreams. He grabbed his cellphone. Tim pressed a button on the phone and was surprised to find he had no new emails.
That’s odd, Tim thought.
Tim eventually rolled out of bed, got dressed and made his way downstairs.
He heard the shower running and lit a cigarette, it wasn’t unusual for his mother to be just getting ready this late in the day. He smoked for a while before the door opened.
“Guess dad was wrong, eh?” He laughed as his mother exited the bathroom.
When she rounded the corner, Tim could see her face was pale. For such a tan woman, the contrast in color was frightening.
“What’s wrong… mom?” Tim asked.
After nearly half a minute, Ann spoke.
“If you want to get a hot shower, I’d do it now,” she said.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Bump

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tsipouras | 103 comments Want to send me a copy? (word)
barbara.tsipouras@gmail.com

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Absolutely! Sending you an email now. Thanks for your interest!

message 5: by Gala (new)

Gala | 48 comments If you might need a second beta reader in a little while, I would be happy to be another pair of eyes. You can send a copy now or when you're ready again to me at: jemimamorake@ymail.com

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Sure thing, Gala, sending it out now!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd be happy to join in the reading if you need another opinion. Feel free to send me a copy whenever is good for you to booksmaketheworldbetter@gmail.com

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Sure thing, books! I'll be sending you an email here shortly. Thanks for your interest!

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike Reis | 1 comments Still seeking betas!

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments bump

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I would be happy to read your book. A PDF would be great! sarah.writerintraining@gmail.com

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Hey Sarah! Sorry about the late response, email sent! Thanks!

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Still seeking betas :)

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Reis | 25 comments Bump