Lord of the Rings Fan Club discussion

Best Friendship

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments Which friendship do you think is the best? there are a TON. (And this is a topic about friendship, so please don't try to start going all slash all over the place.... If you want a topic for that make one yourself..)

My favorite is Frodo and Sam!!!

message 2: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 5 comments I loooove the friendship between Legolas and Gimli. Dwarves and Elves don't usually get along so well, so unlikely friends, but they're awesome. And then in the fight at Helm's Deep when they're competing, and then Legolas is worried because he can't find Gimli...

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Godleski | 4 comments SAM & FRODO Man they make grown men cry

message 4: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments @C.B. "What about side by side with a friend?" love that quote.

@Simon they make teenage fangirls cry! Teenage fangirls like me!

message 5: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 5 comments @H.G.: YESSSSSSSSSS.

message 6: by Bookwarrior (new)

Bookwarrior | 17 comments I also love the friendship between Legolas and Gimli! They show that even completely different races can become the best of friends.

message 7: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 19 comments Aragorn and Legolas for sure. But almost neck and neck with Frodo and Sam

message 8: by Helena (new)

Helena Aeberli (thekindlyones) Beleg and Turin....but I like Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

message 9: by Helena (new)

Helena Aeberli (thekindlyones) Beleg and Turin....but I like Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

message 10: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 19 comments Just gotta love Eowyn and Merry, it's one of the cutest friendships ever

message 11: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments Yes, Eowyn and Merry!

Merry and Pippin are cute too! ^.^

Aragorn and Legolas is pretty good, too.

Haven't read Silmarillion yet ao don't know who Beleg and Turin are.

message 12: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 5 comments Eowyn and Merry!!! Yasss! And also Merry and Théoden. ;)

message 13: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 5 comments Oh! And Gandalf and Aragorn!!!!! I thought it was so awesome how Aragorn was the only one who seemed to truly know Gandalf. :D

message 14: by Simon (new)

Simon Godleski | 4 comments H.G. wrote: "@C.B. "What about side by side with a friend?" love that quote.

@Simon they make teenage fangirls cry! Teenage fangirls like me!"

They make all humans cry

message 15: by Simon (new)

Simon Godleski | 4 comments HWAT ABOUT BORAMIRE and Feramir????

message 16: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments Right?!

message 17: by Bookwarrior (new)

Bookwarrior | 17 comments I love the relationship between Merry and Pipin, they always supported each other no matter what. One would not leave the other behind.

message 18: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments Cousinly love!

message 19: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments And what about Eomer and Eowyn?

message 20: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 5 comments Oh yaaaaaas, they were so awesome!!! When Eomer thought Eowyn was dead... *sob*

message 21: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 19 comments Just, there are so many friendships in the books and I love them all!!!

message 22: by H.G. (new)

H.G. Warrender | 69 comments Or what about Boromir, Merry, and Pip? He DIED for them!

gabbyisreadingnow  (gabbyisreadingnow) this is kind of a weird one, but what about Gandalf and the Hobbit children?

message 24: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (chrissyloves2read) | 2 comments I'm with Abbie and Helena on the friendships of Aragorn and Legolas, and Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli! Love them! Especially Aragorn and Legolas' friendship, cause they're my most fav characters! :)