Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Blood Promise - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments On several of the discussion in this group we've already started talking about the newest Vampire Academy book, Blood Promise, by Richelle Mead. I decided to start this thread now even though the book doesn't come out for more than a month. That way we wont accidently spoil anything for those that haven't read the first 3 books.

WARNING! If you haven't finished the first 3 Vampire Academy books, Vampire Academy, Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2), and Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3), DO NOT read the discussion on here. There is a MAJOR cliffhanger at the end of Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3). And if you find out what it is before you read the rest of the series, I could see it easily ruining the other books for you.

So, for those that have read the first 3, what are some ideas about what's to come?

message 2: by Keagan (new)

Keagan | 10 comments i dont get it what r u tring to say girl

message 3: by Keagan (new)

Keagan | 10 comments i have read all three books

message 4: by Brien (new)

Brien Jones (brienjonesharvestcom) What's a spoiler?

message 5: by Keagan (new)

Keagan | 10 comments its like a commersail or something like that u know to get the fans exited of the book!

srry for spelling

message 6: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I mean that if you haven't read all 3 books yet, you probably don't want to know that Dimitri died (or something) at the end of the last book.

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin Gezzi I was under the impression that a spoiler is where someone posts a part of the story that could give away the plot. When it says "spoiler" it is a warning to anyone who does not want to know what happens before reading the book to NOT read the post.

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments That's what I think a spoiler is too. It's anything that will spoil part of the story for someone that hasn't read it yet.

message 9: by Keagan (new)

Keagan | 10 comments well i didn't know sure so srry brien

message 10: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) *Spoilers*

I read all three of them and can't wait for this one to come out, August is to far away. I hope that Rose can find Dimitri and save him, I don't want him to die or for Rose to have to kill him. I a wuss, but I cried at the end of the last one. So I have my fingers crossed that she will find a way to bring him back.

message 11: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I cried too, but I'm really not sure if this will have a happily ever after! What do you think about Adrian?

message 12: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I don't know what to think about Adrian. He is kind of a bad boy, but also kind of sexy. I really like Dimitri, and will be really mad if he is killed off (I really hate it when authors do that, you start to really like a character, then they are gone). But I think that the author was hinting towards something between Rose and Adrian at the end of the last book when she went to him for help. He seems to really care for Rose and wants her to come back, although I have a strange feeling that he is not just gonna sit around and wait for her to come back since he can track her through the bank account he set up. I guess that he wouldn't be so bad for her....

message 13: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, That was my thought too. I'm sure that he's going to try to keep an eye on her, especially once he talks to Lissa and finds out where exactly Rose is going! I really liked him from the very start, but I just didn't really take him seriously. I always thought that he was just a flirt. Well, he really tugged at my heart at the end of the last one. When he made the comment about how she never really gave him even a little bit of a chance, I was feeling so bad for him! I love Dimitri, and I don't want him to be gone. But I could really see things developing between Rose and Adrian too!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I really like Adrian, just not for Rose. I remain confinced that either he or, more likely, Lyssa will use their healing powers to some how help Dimitri. I'm holding out hope for the eventual HEA for those two crazy kids, and that won't happen if Dimitri remains a strigoi.

message 15: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Jessi wrote: "*Spoilers*

I read all three of them and can't wait for this one to come out, August is to far away. I hope that Rose can find Dimitri and save him, I don't want him to die or for Rose to have t..."

Im with ya! I cried for like 5 minutes straight for some reason and I came into the lounge room and my parents were freaked, and when I explained what had happened they laughed at me . D=

I would like to see how far Rose and Adrian could get in a relationship, just for curiosity's sake, hehe. Imagine the look of the queens face when she hears about it! =P
I dont want Dimitri to die, thats just mean and cruel. And if mead did that I would write a very long and nasty letter!!

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Honestly, I think that it took major guts for her to even suggest that Dimitri is dead! Even if we don't necessarily like where a story has taken us, that's her perogative as the author. Plus, you know that it probably had to kill her too to do that to him. So, there must be a reason! Maybe it's that something miraculous will happen and he'll be back. Maybe it's because Rose needs to learn something from all of this. Or maybe this will help her to realize that although she loves Lissa and wants what's best for her, sometimes she needs to think about herself. Also, the more and more I think about it, I would really like for Rose and Adrian to have a chance together.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Oh, I totally appreciate her right to do with her characters as she sees fit, even as hard as it might be to read. But in return, I reserve the right to cry like a little girl if Dimitri isn't saved.

If Dimitri wasn't in the picture, I would totally love Rose and Adrian together. I think he's a great character, and I want him to be happy, I'm just not sure who with.

message 18: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Haha, there would be no way I would let someone else in my family read it before me... but luckily for me nobody else in my family actually reads.

I just hope something good comes out of the experience of 'killing' off almost everybodys fav character. Lol.

message 19: by Jesika (new)

Jesika i was going through youtube videos and found one where Richelle was reading part of Blood Promise ! i was like freaking out ! =))))))

message 20: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments what did you search under? I've got to check it out!!!

message 21: by Jesika (last edited Jul 23, 2009 11:04PM) (new)

Jesika Kelley Anne wrote: "what did you search under? I've got to check it out!!!"

here's the link, but the sound quality isn't the best...but definitely check it out ! =DDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjj4c...

message 22: by is mee... kissa (new)

is mee... kissa | 11 comments hey i dunno but i just thought of this... what if she runs into miss Karp?... i mean... correct me if i'm wrong but she is a strigoi now and she isn't dead right? i dunno... just a guess...
but i hope dimitri isnt dead... and i agree with Jessi.. i really like him... he seems so much more laid back and relaxed then Dimitri... i luv em both ha... but yeah.. i read the excerpt and she ended it with a cliffhanger! soo annoying! i'm not a patient person.. it's gonna take ages for August the 25th to come!!!

message 23: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I have been thinking about it since the last book came out. I was really upset that Dimitri "died", but now I might not like it if she brings him back. I mean, why did she put us through all that heartache just to have him come back? I don't know. Plus, Adrian has really grown on me. He was so sweet at the end of the last book, and he actually seems more like Rose's type. Honestly, if she had met him before Dimitri, I could see her falling for him easily. Plus, she and Adrian could actually have a future. What kind of future could she have with Dimitri? They can never get married, they can only be together as long as there's a situation where it's works, like with Lissa at the palace. What about when she finishes school and moves from the palace? Rose and Adrian could actually be together. Yes, it would mean leaving Lissa, but at least it's a possibility. She can have a family with Adrian. She can't with Dimitri. Just my thoughts.

message 24: by Yasminanina (new)

Yasminanina | 5 comments alll though i love adrian, and i think he is cute, he is not going to be with rose. I mean it would just be sooooo easy, keep in mind that there are 2 books more so there has to be a longer story line. richelle didnt make dimitir's relationship with rose grow throughtout 3 books to break it up in one. i think a lot of things will happen in blood promise. rose will get o know alot about dimitris family and life. she might not end up with dimitri speacailly that their relation ship wasnt so easy to begin with but i am sure richelle is gonna make it work some how. Adrian is a nice twist in the story he keeps it light and fun, so he has a role there and i think there is a secret considring rose's dad, somthing to do with Adrians family, the queen was on first name bases with her dad so i think there is going to be a connection there. If we think about Blood Promise as a title you will see that its a clue, to what though i am not really sure but i am sure that dimitri's story wont end in this book

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose (Omnigirl) | 4 comments You know what I wanna know? Who that blonde strigoi is who apparently knows her from before he was awakened. I'm trying to go through the people that've been mentioned, and I've had the thought cross my mind that it might possibly be her father. It's a slim chance, but it just might be. I'm soooo curious!!! I can't wait until the book comes out this month. And if Dimitri doesn't make it, I hold on to my right to cry like a little girl.

message 26: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Omnigirl wrote: "You know what I wanna know? Who that blonde strigoi is who apparently knows her from before he was awakened. I'm trying to go through the people that've been mentioned, and I've had the thought cro..."

I know! I have reread the series looking for clues but I just cant find any clues!!!
- I havent thought of that one, her father. But Mead did say we would meet him!
I wish the whole series was already out!! D=

message 27: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Am I the only one who cried at the end of shadow kiss?

message 28: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I'm sure you're not! It took me forever to finish the book because I couldn't see it! I just couldn't stop crying. That's pretty rare for me! I don't usually cry in books. I might feel sad, but not cry. But that ending was so extremely heart breaking!

message 29: by Rose (new)

Rose (Omnigirl) | 4 comments Ellen♥ wrote: "Omnigirl wrote: "You know what I wanna know? Who that blonde strigoi is who apparently knows her from before he was awakened. I'm trying to go through the people that've been mentioned, and I've ha..."
I know, I'm sooooo curious. It would be really sad if it was her dad though. :[

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose (Omnigirl) | 4 comments Ellen♥ wrote: "Am I the only one who cried at the end of shadow kiss?"
Probably not. I know I was crying. Poor Dimitri!

message 31: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments I dont cry in book easily at all. There are only two books I have ever cried in and that was New Moon when he left [Hey! Im a sucker for emotional breakups:] and in shadow Kiss!

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose (Omnigirl) | 4 comments Rose wrote: "Ellen♥ wrote: "Am I the only one who cried at the end of shadow kiss?"
Probably not. I know I was crying. Poor Dimitri!

"

Yeah, definitely cried at that part in New Moon. I felt soo bad for Bella and Edward!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments You got your copy of Blood Promise? Where did you order from???

message 34: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Wow! Everyone keeps getting all of the books that I want early! First someone got Hunting Ground last week and now Blood Promise! Dang it! I'm dying!

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 4 comments what would happen to Rose if Dimitri did die !! she might go crazy from taking lissa's darkness. he seemed to be the only one who would break threw it!!

message 36: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments except I wonder if Adrian can do something to help her, since he's a spirit user as well.

message 37: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Shazzy wrote: "My copy just arrived!!!!! I'm so excited to read it!"

where did you order your copy from?

message 38: by is mee... kissa (new)

is mee... kissa | 11 comments ohhhh!!! i havent got it yet!!! i didnt even know it could be given out before the release date! hehe.... im really slow hehe... im jealous! :D probably better if i dont get it right now anyway... too much work this term...
it has crossed my mind that the blonde was her father.... but she's 18... and didnt he say that he had seen her 10 years ago.. when she was 8? and he knew Lissa? thae means it cant be her father cos he just left right?
i think its a charcter we havnt met yet... maybe a charcter from her primary school? i dunno... but im excited to find out!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Shazzy wrote: "Sorry guys, Goodreads was playing up yesterday and I couldn't sign in! My sister ordered it from The Book Depository. "

Curses! It's out of stock on there now, so I'm going to have to rely on my amazon.com order, although I may double order and see if it arrives any quicker from amazon.co.uk. hmm...

message 40: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Shazzy - Usain Bolt 9.58 seconds = New world recor wrote: "DarkHeart, it's been out of stock on amazon.co.uk since last week! I was in shock when the postman delivered it yesterday! I hope your copy arrives soon! "

Wait! Are you all getting your copy of BP early?!?! I found a couple of users on the aussie version of amazon [fishpond.com:] and they have like ten copies... but I just assumed it was a scam!!
I honestly dont care how it happens I just want rose and dimitri to end up together!! Lol.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_loves_reading) | 6 comments You cant get 'early' copies i live in Australia and for us it comes out on the 25th of August, i agree it must be another scam. I feel a little guilty that I haven't had to wait as long for it as long as some since I started reading Vampire Academy late July. But I know how you feel most of my friends didnt have to wait for eclipse and breaking dawn and i had to wait for both. :)

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_loves_reading) | 6 comments One theroy i have is that spirit users like Lissa and Adrian might be able to turn strigoi back to moroi or dhamps or even humans?

message 43: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Emma wrote: "You cant get 'early' copies i live in Australia and for us it comes out on the 25th of August, i agree it must be another scam. I feel a little guilty that I haven't had to wait as long for it as l..."

I started reading this series in late april/early may and the wait has been killing me!

message 44: by Dotta (new)

Dotta | 1 comments Hard back came out in Australia yesterday morning.. 17th August.. Paperback comes out 25th.. Is definatly worth the read.. Amazing book..

message 45: by is mee... kissa (last edited Aug 18, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

is mee... kissa | 11 comments Dotta wrote: "Hard back came out in Australia yesterday morning.. 17th August.. Paperback comes out 25th.. Is definatly worth the read.. Amazing book.."

really?? i didn't know that... I live in Australia and when i asked at a book store they said they weren't getting any copies until the 26th.... hmm.. maybe i should check again...?

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_loves_reading) | 6 comments which book store? i live in victoria and i asked at the borders store in knox and they said it should be in by the 25th? :S

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_loves_reading) | 6 comments Im just so excited! I cant wait, i read the first chapter of it yesterday on richelle meads official website! So good..... :D

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_loves_reading) | 6 comments Blood Promise
Note: It goes without saying that this contains spoilers from the last book. If you haven't read Shadow Kiss, beware! Also, there's a prologue to this book that catches people up, but I figured most of you would want to jump right into the action. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1

I was being followed.

It was kind of ironic, considering the way I’d been following others for the last few weeks. At least it wasn’t a Strigoi. I would have already known. A recent effect of being shadow-kissed was the ability to sense the undead—through bouts of nausea, unfortunately. Still, I appreciated my body’s early warning system and was relieved my stalker tonight wasn’t an insanely fast, insanely vicious vampire. I’d fought enough of those recently and kind of wanted a night off.

message 49: by Emma (new)

message 50: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 13 comments So envious of you all who already got it! 5 more days here! Probably more since our Borders sucks and is always slow unpacking new shipments of books.

« previous 1 3 4 5