Library Scavenger Hunt discussion

WELCOME > Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (last edited Aug 10, 2015 02:55PM) (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Welcome all to the Monthly LSH! I'm Fran, from Nightjar's Jar of Books, and I'm one of this group's creators and moderators. I first had the idea for the LSH at about midnight, while at an impromptu sleepover at Chloë's house. We subsequently spent a good chunk of the next day talking over all the technicalities and coming up with enough challenges to last us for several years... So I hope you'll all enjoy it!

Please use this thread in order to introduce yourselves to the other members. If you have any questions, you can ask them here, and go here if you want to make any suggestions on future challenges/how to make the group more fun/etc. Thanks!

message 2: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 16 comments Mod
Hello everyone! I'm Chloë, from SSJTimeLord and Her Books, and I am also one of the creators and moderators of this blog! Fran and I loved coming up with the themes for the Library Scavenger Hunt and we can't wait to get started!

message 3: by Kacie (new)

Kacie (kaciedilla89) | 1 comments Hiiiiii I'm Kacie from Kacie's Bookshelf! I am a HUGE fan of libraries and I'm excited to start participating this month :D

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi everyone.

I'm Ian - from the 'Red" half of Merseyside.

Anyway, I was just browsing goodreads and came across this "group" which sounded like a bit of fun so thought I would give it a go.
Currently reading lots of Ian Rankin...really good.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Looking forward

message 5: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 16 comments Mod
Welcome Ian!

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Chloe.

I've just posted a suggestion for an activity for the group to take part in. I put it under the "suggestions" board. What do you think of it?

message 7: by Frances (new)

Hi Ian! Welcome to the community; I hope you have a lot of fun here! :)

message 8: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Megan.

See that you are going to read the History of Mathematics..fantastic stuff!!!

Karl Gauss - best ever....enjoy!

message 9: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Hey I'm Caitlin. I don't really get involved with groups on goodreads but this looks fun and I love libraries so I thought I'd join up :)
Nice to meet everyone

message 10: by Frances (new)

Hi Caitlin! Welcome~! We are not the most active community in the world, but I hope that you will have a great time here and read lots of interesting books. 😊 The new November challenge just went live; you can find it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Caitlin - welcome.

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara Million | 20 comments Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to GoodReads but I'm enjoying posting my reads and looking around. I saw this group and it caught my eye - I love getting my books from the library and the themes/challenges you've been doing look great. I'm looking forward to getting on board and chatting about the books we all pick!

Tara

message 13: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Tara - all the very best for 2018!

message 14: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 16 comments Mod
Hello all, Happy New Year and a warm welcome to Caitlin and Tara!

I've been AWOL for the past few months as I moved to Japan but I'm mostly settled in now and I finally signed up for the library today! They have a small selection of English books so I hope that I can participate in the LSH as much as possible from here on out. Maybe soon enough I'll be able to participate with books written in Japanese!

Chloë

message 15: by Chloë (new)

Chloë | 16 comments Mod
Hello all, Happy New Year and a warm welcome to Caitlin and Tara!

I've been AWOL for the past few months as I moved to Japan. I'm mostly settled in now, so much so that I finally joined my local library today!

They have a small selection of books written in English so I hope I can participate in the LSH as much as possible from here on out.

Perhaps I'll be able to read books written in Japanese soon enough!

Chloë