Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 6 chapters...new adult/contemporary romance

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (last edited Aug 09, 2015 11:50AM) (new)

Debbie Feltner | 44 comments I'm looking to find out if I'm on the right track with this MS. Are there any holes or confusing parts. How's the flow and are the first chapters good enough to make the reader keep reading. Advice and opinions are very welcomed. I'd like to work with someone to the end but I'm fine with it if the first chapters are all that you can help me with for now.

message 2: by Lady (new)

Lady (shyalwayz) | 57 comments what is the book about?

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Anne (heatherannewrites) | 3 comments Yes I would like to know what the book is about too. Do you have a blurb?

message 4: by Debbie (last edited Aug 09, 2015 01:40PM) (new)

Debbie Feltner | 44 comments Debbie wrote: "I'm looking to find out if I'm on the right track with this MS. Are there any holes or confusing parts. How's the flow and are the first chapters good enough to make the reader keep reading. Advi..."

Lady wrote: "what is the book about?"
I guess I dropped the ball by not leaving what the book is about. I don't have a blurb ready but here's something on the fly.

It's about a 16 year old (Marla) that's had a rough upbringing until her sister comes to take her to live with her. The story begins after she's turned 18.

Living with the people that raised her sister, Marla learns how to live again. She's in love with an older man (Evan)who leaves the picture until she's old enough for him. Her best friend (Zander) has loved her since day one but he's only a friend to her but does she really feel that way or has she only convinced herself of it?

Evan comes back into the picture but soon after, her past begins to haunt her and Evan doesn't seem to understand. She begins to wonder if he's really her soul mate after all. Soon her past not only haunts her, but it also comes back for her. Who will save her, Zander or Evan and which one will she choose.

From the first day Zander laid eyes on Marla he's been in love with her but she only views him as "the friend. She's in love with someone else or at least she thinks she is. Zander knows better right down to his soul. He's the one Marla's meant to spend her life with. If he tells her how he feels before her relationship with the other guy is over it'll push her away. He knows it will so he waits while his heart breaks watching the two of them together.

He has a troubled past of his own which nobody knows about, not even Marla. When he was 11 years old he became the lone survivor of a horrible accident which killed both his parents and his kid sister. He's scarred to the depths of his soul and struggles every day to deal with his pain. If only he could tell Marla about his past. She could help him heal but she's been through so much herself and he doesn't want to add to her pain so he keeps it from her. He keeps it from her and he pretends that his world is everything it should be to spare her.

It's the third book in the series I'm calling Love Heals but all three are completely stand alone books. They deal with secondary characters from the previous book but the story is all theirs and it doesn't require reading one then the other.

This is the basics of it. I hope it helps.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Feltner | 44 comments Lady wrote: "what is the book about?"
Hi lady. I've posted a blurb of sorts. I hope you'll help me.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Feltner | 44 comments Heather wrote: "Yes I would like to know what the book is about too. Do you have a blurb?"

Hi Heather. I've posted a little bit of what the book is about. I hope you'll help me.