FABClub (Female Authors Book Club) discussion

Eating Fire: Selected Poetry 1965-1995
This topic is about Eating Fire
Margaret Atwood > Eating Fire group discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 1256 comments Mod
This appears to be quite an extensive collection!

message 2: by Story (new)

Story (storyheart) You're finding books by Atwood I've never even heard of :)

message 3: by Alexa (new)

Ha! I finally decided on her website as the best source - but then I've run across titles that aren't even listed there!

message 4: by Alexa (new)

I'm hoping to get to this in the first week of January.

message 5: by Alexa (new)

This is a massive collection of collections. According to the back cover it contains Selected Poems: 1965-1975 and Selected Poems II: 1976 - 1986 and Morning in the Burned House.

It actually is missing a few poems from those collections (or at least the versions I read).

From the '65-'75 collection it has dropped out three of the poems from The Circle Game: Poems, two of the poems from The Animals in that Country, five from Procedures For Underground, and one from You are Happy. From the '76-'86 collection it has dropped out, from Two-Headed Poems, "The Bus to Alliston, Ontario," from Interlunar "Bedside," "Precognition," "Keep," "Anchorage," and "Georgia Beach" and it has dropped out all 17 of the new poems. It contains Morning in the Burned House in its entirety.

message 6: by Alexa (new)

I've definitely decided I like the small books much more than the big collections. They just feel more personal somehow. And I think I need to take my poetry in small bites.