The Chennai Book Club discussion

today's meeting

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments I couldn't make it. I felt really bad. was eager to meet some book lovers in the city...how was the meeting guys? how many turned up and when will another such meeting take place?!

Yogya Hari Prakash Burra (hariprakash) | 7 comments Same with me here. I was looking forward to a nice discussion and meeting other book lovers. But couldn't make it :(

message 3: by Solomon (new)

Solomon Manoj Hi Lavanya n Hari,
The meeting went on well. Six of us turned up n we discussed on various genere and authors.

There was also discussion on movies based on books and TV series. Many books were added to our TBR :)

We will have the next meeting planned soon!

message 4: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments looking forward to that! :-)

message 5: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments Guys,

Can we plan a meeting on Aug 15th if that's o.k for you guys.

Sankar

message 6: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments Oh no, I'm seeing the message only now. We shall have a meeting over a weekend next month. Shall we? I've got some exams till the second week of next month. I really want to make it this time.

message 7: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments Hi Lavanya, sure we can. Let us know once ur exams are over.

All the best for your exams.

Sankar

message 8: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments Hi Lavanya, sure we can. Let us know once ur exams are over.

Sankar

message 9: by Sankar (new)

Sankar

message 10: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments Thanks. I'll for sure. we shall plan a meeting soon

message 11: by Prashanth (new)

Prashanth VG (prashanth_vg) I am free this weekend. Moderators, Can we have one this weekend?

message 12: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments if it's Sunday, even I could try to make it.

message 13: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments I am in. Please decide place Prashanth , Lavanya , Shankar , Solomon

message 14: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments If all the five of us are then maybe we could decide. It'd be great if its somewhere near T-Nagar or something. We could even meet at a mall.

message 15: by Solomon (new)

Solomon Manoj I am in and fine with any place!! Prashanth and Sudarshan you can decide the place and if we reach a consensus, we will finalize.

message 16: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments Veneto Pasta Bar , T.nagar or Ashvita Bistro Alwarpet. Those are the ones that come to my mind right.

message 17: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments Where is Veneto at T.Nagar?

message 18: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments Burkit Road

message 19: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments Alright. Think of other places as well, in and around T.Nagar and we shall meet up.

message 20: by Solomon (new)

Solomon Manoj How about Coffee Central or D cafe??

message 21: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments D cafe looks nice :-)).
Guys I'm ok with this Sunday.
Lemme know otherwise.

message 22: by Prashanth (new)

Prashanth VG (prashanth_vg) I like coffee central :) Its a good place to hang out with.

message 23: by Natraj (new)

Natraj Viswanath | 61 comments Mod
If you guys are definitely planning to meet, I will send a group wide message, but decide the date,time, place and agenda (optional) within a day, so that there is sufficient time for others to plan.

message 24: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments Natraj, let's go with coffee central. Sunday afternoon 2 (or) 3 should be fine.

message 25: by Prashanth (new)

Prashanth VG (prashanth_vg) Yes i am fine :) Coffee Central Sunday 2PM is fine for me :)

message 26: by Natraj (new)

Are you guys sure about this place, it's small and may not accommodate more people if needed.

message 27: by Prashanth (new)

Prashanth VG (prashanth_vg) Natraj wrote: "Are you guys sure about this place, it's small and may not accommodate more people if needed."

Yes the place is small, If more than 10 people turn up then it will be difficult. What else options do we have?

message 28: by Natraj (new)

Another member wanted it in Adyar side, are you folks okay meeting that side of town?

message 29: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments That was Solomon I guess. I am OK with If people are fine with R.A. Puram then L'amandier would do.

message 30: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments Oh, Can't it be somewhere else?

message 31: by Solomon (new)

Solomon Manoj Sudarshan, It was not me. It was Ramya. I am ok with any place.

I suggested Coffee Central as we were just 5 of us! Lavanya why don't you suggest some place as you seem to be from T.Nagar.

message 32: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments oh Sorry Solomon. My bad. Vague memory .

message 33: by Natraj (new)

Since we are running out of time on location, may I suggest you meet in Pasta Bar itself.

message 34: by Solomon (new)

Solomon Manoj Natraj,
That would be fine with me!

message 35: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Ramakrishnan (lavanyaramakrishnan) | 19 comments I haven't been to any of the places you suggest. As long as it is in the vicinity I could make it @Sudharshan.

message 36: by Prashanth (new)

Prashanth VG (prashanth_vg) Yeah i am fine with pasta bar, No problem :)

message 37: by Sankar (new)

Sankar | 16 comments Works for me too.

C u at pasta bar at 3:00.

message 38: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments pasta bar is a good place . Seeing from the response , I believe more people will turn out.

message 39: by Anbu (new)

Anbu Muthukrishnan | 10 comments Hi buddies, is this meeting confirmed tomorrow? I would like to be a part of it..pls count me I'm if the plan is on.

message 40: by Sreenivas (new)

Sreenivas | 29 comments Yes.It is.

message 41: by Arun (new)

Arun Prakash (arunprakashtce) | 1 comments Sorry guys. I couldn't make it today. I will try to join next time. Hope the meeting went well.

message 42: by Anbu (new)

Anbu Muthukrishnan | 10 comments Hi missed because of last minute commitment. sorry will make it next time

message 43: by Dinesh Babu (new)

Dinesh Babu Natesan (dineshnatesan89) | 3 comments Had a good time. It was great to meet so many avid readers and like-minded people.

Got a handful of 'Want-to-read's now :)