Real Christian discussion

Our Authors and Writers: > Your Books and Writing/Advertise

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Hi!(: I seem to have several brilliant writers here!!! Here will be the thread to recommend your books and writing. Feel free to advertise here. :D
Thanks!(: Stay blessed!

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Butterworth | 2 comments Hi Mary Kate, thanks so much. My book is out in October I'm Sick Now What?: A Balanced Approach to Medicine and God's Healing.

If somebody wants to offer to review it then please message me and I'll get you a copy of the book.

Andrew

message 4: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Your very welcome (: And wow that sounds like an awesome book!!! XD
And awesome Raevyn!! Going to read that(:

message 5: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Awww that sounds beyond amazing Jerrel!!!!! Wow!!! The story sounds riveting!!! Amazing!!! Thanks so much for taking some time to share with us!!! That sounds so awesome!! Am so excited to read some of your books xD

message 6: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Always :D

message 7: by Danny (last edited Dec 18, 2015 08:51PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments To know THEM is to love them. <3 <3
A glimpse at the heroes of the book. Don't forget to browse the 78 reviews!
Book webpage:
http://www.iwillpraiseyouinthestorm.c...

REVIEWS:
http://www.iwillpraiseyouinthestorm.c...

message 8: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Wonderful!!!! :D

message 9: by Danny (last edited Feb 23, 2016 04:17PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Know a good indicator of how good a book is? Its reviews! This paperback book averages 4.9 out of 5 STARS with 53 REVIEWS. Sound impressive? Take a look and see for yourself... :)

http://www.amazon.com/Will-Praise-You...

message 10: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw that's great Danny xD

message 11: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Aw that's great Danny xD"

MK, you will review my book? ;)(Amazon, Goodreads)

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

I would love to (((((((:
But I haven't been able to buy it as of yet ): I rarely buy books online.

message 13: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Mary Kate wrote: "I would love to (((((((:
But I haven't been able to buy it as of yet ): I rarely buy books online."

MK, Look on your email :)

message 14: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Thanks so much Daniel!! I so appreciate that ((((((((:

message 15: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 5 comments Hey, Everyone. I released my third book in October. They are written for Young Adults...inspirational and since they are set in 1970s they are now considered historical. The first book is Almost April and is 50% my real story. The other 50% is how I wish things are turned out. Sweet Sixteen continues with the main characters but adds a twist to things. Book 3 is Seasons of Change. Just when my main character, Sandy, thinks things are settling down, life changes--and it always does.
Thanks for letting me share these with you!

message 16: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, those sound terrific!!!! :D What are the names? (:

message 17: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Three Kinds of Different

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin, five, and Ryan, three. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson. “If Jesus was sitting here, He would say, ‘let my brother have the first pancake; I can wait.”‘ Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, “Ryan, you be Jesus!”

Here is a cute story that we all can relate to with each of the three characters. First, a mother is trying to teach her two young boys both a moral and spiritual lesson. This is probably not the first time these boys have argued over such things. Her motives are pure. The opportunity is at hand, and the teaching moment begins.

Kevin, the older brother is the ringleader of this gang. His only desire is to get the first pancake. Kevin is impatient, and listens to his mother’s narrative from the perspective of his stomach and not his heart. Therefore, he tries the art of trickery on his younger brother Ryan, the unsuspecting victim.

Although Ryan’s answer is unknown, I suspect little Ryan chose to be Jesus and waited. We all are an impatient people. We want things now and waiting is not an option! Jesus calls us to be different (special, unusual). Which kind of different are you? Are you one who tries to find a spiritual lesson in everyday life and then apply it? Do you find yourself a little impatient and the first to point it out in others, but fail to practice it in your own life? Maybe you are like Ryan, and want to be like Jesus? I think if we are honest, we are all a little of all three!

As Christians, being different should be the norm. God wants us to stand out in the world. How do we expect our light to shine if we are busy hiding it. Being different gets attention from others, and the attention it brings may change a life forever. :)

May 8, 2014

message 18: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Amen!!! I love that story, and that is a great view of it!! Such a beautiful lesson!!!!!

message 19: by Danny (last edited Dec 14, 2015 10:30AM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Peg Leg Red

I live up in the mountains in Northwest Oregon in the quaint city of Monroe. I have noticed in the past three weeks a new visitor to our two large bird feeders outside my kitchen window. This visitor is not the average bird you would expect to see munching on my black sunflower seeds encased in a circular wire mesh. I have named this red-headed sparrow affectionately Peg Leg Red, which best describes him. Actually, I look forward each day to see my little friend, and he visits us several times a day.

As the name suggests, one of his legs are disabled. His little leg is straight and petrified at his side and is three times the size of his other leg. My little buddy is free to eat at my house anytime he wishes, he needs no invitation, and I am most honored. Of course, he is not the only creature I have seen in nature that has suffered a disability. I have seen pigeons walking around on peg legs scavenging for food at a variety of places. I’m a softy, and I love animals, especially birds. You could call me a “bird whisperer.” I have raised all kinds of birds in my lifetime, and they like others with similar deformities are not unusual in the animal kingdom.

But what caught my attention was their work ethic. Every animal you see in the wild with a disability are alive because they have two choices, either they work to find food or they perish. They must find food at all costs, in whatever condition they are in, they MUST adapt, it’s the law of the jungle.

We humans are more compassionate…sometimes. I have no problem with people who are disabled and need to be taken care of, but far to many able bodied people are living their lives on disability or unemployment. We are not doing anyone a favor by supporting their habit, and believe me, it becomes a habit. Becoming comfortable living on the roll of the government has become an epidemic. We have lost our pride, dignity, and our self-respect. I am ashamed how our country has become a nation of entitlements, while we treat our veterans, and wounded warriors, who have served our country with distinction and honor with disrespect by not taking care of them in a timely manner.

We can learn a lesson from Peg Leg Red and his comrades. They survive because they must. I am almost certain that Peg does not complain about how life is so unfair. He gets up early in the morning each day with song in his heart, and joyfully ventures out in quest of his diet of black sunflower seeds. He is certainly doing his best in spite of his circumstances, and if I can make his life a bit easier I am more than happy to help out the little fella! :)

June 16, 2014

message 20: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, this was so true!!! I agree completely!! What a brilliant way to explain this here :D

message 21: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments My book is entitled "I Didn't Sign Up For This". It is a Historical Fiction set in he American Civil War era. It chronicles a young Christian man from Kentucky who joins the Confederate army. He is traumatized mentally and spiritually by all he sees. He struggles mightily with his faith and returns home where he encounters terrifying flashbacks and recurring nightmares. A beautiful former childhood playmate romances him to healing along with unseen spiritual forces. There is an element of mystery that unravels throughout the narrative with the spiritual entities. The protagonist ultimately finds love, blessing and joy and realizes that God never gives up on those he loves . It is a story of Grace, Deliverance and Redemption. The romance is a pure 19th century romance. There is nothing to offend. See authorpage.co/donckean/

message 22: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

That sounds terrific actually ((((: I'll have to check that out :D

Ps. Don, if you would like a folder to advertise and share about your book let me know (:

message 23: by Don (last edited Dec 16, 2015 05:40PM) (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments I would like that very much Mary Kate. I need all the help I can get. Thank you for responding. I forgot to mention that the book is a tear jerker even though a lot of people who know me well might say I am an unfeeling jerk, Ha Ha, just kidding I'm not too big of a jerk.................usually.

message 24: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Great :D I'll go make one ((: What would you like it named?
Hahahahaha, gotcha xP I think we all have those moments :P

message 25: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Great :D I'll go make one ((: What would you like it named?
Hahahahaha, gotcha xP I think we all have those moments :P"

Sorry it took so long to get back to you dear. I can't think of a good name for my folder. You got any good ideas.

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

No worries ((:
Hmm.... Well.... What's the main thing you plan to talk about in your folder? May can think of a title upon that (:

message 27: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments Mary Kate wrote: "No worries ((:
Hmm.... Well.... What's the main thing you plan to talk about in your folder? May can think of a title upon that (:"

The presence of God in The American Civil War

message 28: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hmmm..... How about....
"God in the Dark"
or
"Life in the Sorrow"
or
"Hope Unseen"
or
"Danger, yet Love Abounds"
or
"God never leaves, Even in a War"
or
"When the bullets fly, God's Power is there to Quench the Fear"
or
"In Adversity, Strength, God's Strength carries Through"
or
"Torn apart, But still in the Middle of Christ' Love."

Any of those? (; You can change them any way you please. Or I can probably think of some more :D ;D

message 29: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Hmmm..... How about....
"God in the Dark"
or
"Life in the Sorrow"
or
"Hope Unseen"
or
"Danger, yet Love Abounds"
or
"God never leaves, Even in a War"
or
"When the bullets fly, God's Power is there ..."

I like God never leaves, Even in a War. Lets go with that.

message 30: by Matthew (new)

Matthew II (mattmilamii) | 5 comments Dear Friends,
I appeal to all the Reviewers, Book Bloggers, and anyone else who likes their thought stimulated through the written word.

My book is a Non-Fiction Christian Work. However it is not your dry, overly preachy, run of the mill shove my doctrine down your throat type of offering. Yes it does use scripture and Biblical principles but they’re presented in a common sense manner, with inspiration and motivation being the thrust. The subject is love… a topic that seems difficult to define as well as understand. It’s also a topic that we can say was important to Jesus.

"The Jesus Command"
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

It takes a serious look at Jesus' statement to the eleven disciples, the night he was taken into captivity and attempts to capture the importance of His reasoning. Christ spent a lot of time speaking matter of factually about love, and on that last night He rapped the term in a command. The implication was that it would be the determining factor of discipleship.

John 13:34-35
“Love one another; as I have loved you... By this shall all men know
that you are my disciples...”

There is a difference between believing in Christ and following Him, and the latter has love stamped all over it. This discussion attempts to develop the aspects of love through the eyes of Jesus and the understanding of those initially charged with continuing the pattern that He put forth… His Disciples. No matter what we think we know about love, we must ask this simple question...

“How did Jesus use the term and what did He intend for us to understand
about it?”

I invite your honest opinion and feedback. Although I'm a minister, this work is not expressly for Christians alone. Non-Christians may find some reasons to question their pattern of behavior in matters of love as well. Reply with email for a copy of the pdf. File.

Blessings

message 31: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Don- I'll go over and make that for you :D Sounds great xD

@Matt- Wow, that sounds absolutely terrific :D xD
I would love to review it!!! But, I've kinda get in over my head with books set to review as of now. Haha. But, when I get some done I will let you know and see if you'd still like me to review it (;

message 32: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 33 comments Thank You so much Mary Kate for your help and your time.

message 33: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

message 34: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Don- Aw, you're very welcome ((: My pleasure!!

message 35: by Matthew (new)

Matthew II (mattmilamii) | 5 comments @Mary Kate,
Whenever you're ready the offer is open.

message 36: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, thank you Matthew (((:

message 37: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hi April!
Ohhh, that's amazing!! Sounds like a terrific book :D Welcome to the group and thank you for sharing this with us ((:

message 38: by April (new)

April Geremia | 1 comments Thanks Mary Kate-I look forward to getting to know everyone!

message 39: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Very welcome ((:
And feel free to jump into the other topics as well (:

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Countdown to Judgement"
Ten...nine...
a world draped in sin and hate.
Eight...seven...
God is coming. He won't wait.
six...five...
When the trumpet blares that day--
four...three...
Will you leave God, or will you stay?
two...
Coming like a thief in the night,
One...
At the end, will you see Heaven's light?
Zero.

message 41: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Raevyn wrote: ""Countdown to Judgement"
Ten...nine...
Eight...seven...
six...five...
four...three...
Will you le..."

I like that Raevyn, well done and true. You have a pretty name too!

message 42: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

That was amazing, Raevyn *handclaps* Really true, and suspenseful!! Loved it :D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Mary Kate wrote: "That was amazing, Raevyn *handclaps* Really true, and suspenseful!! Loved it :D"

Danny wrote: "Raevyn wrote: ""Countdown to Judgement"
Ten...nine...
Eight...seven...
six...five...
four...three..."

Thanks. :D

message 44: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Bishop | 24 comments In a couple of months I hope to add to the amazing list of books that have been profiled above.

Mine is a down-to-earth study of the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament. It's entitled: "Finding a place to settle." The sub-title is: 'Finding your God-gifted identity' and is aimed at helping us be more aware (as Ruth herself became) of our specialness and significance to God.

It should be available on the usual internet book sites (e-book as well as paperback). I'm also planning to make it available as a Goodreads 'give-away'.

This title is in addition to previous ones which have looked at the lives of Samuel ('Focusing beyond the horizon'), Gideon ('Fleeces, fears and flames') and Balaam...not forgetting his donkey ('Dialogue with a donkey').

Thanks MK for giving us this opportunity to let others know about the material that quite a few of us have been working on. Hope that folks find it helpful!!
Steve

message 45: by Tammie (new)

Tammie   | 6 comments Hi Guys

I just wanted to reach out and tell you about my husband's new book.
I know I am probably biased but he really has an amazing story of God's goodness, grace and faithfulness. Having lost his sister, nearly losing his brother and many trials, it's a really powerful reminder of just how big and good our God really is.

The book can be found at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEE9C2Q?r...

The book is going to be free on Amazon Kindle for 12,13,14 April 2016 and would really like you all to get a free copy.

Thanks so much Tammie
Testimonies of a Good God Seeing God's Goodness Through the Clouds of Life by Byron van der Merwe

message 46: by Danny (last edited Mar 31, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Going through a storm in your life? Looking for a book, you can laugh and cry about? Or maybe just looking for something just out of the ordinary, something with teeth, perhaps a book out of your comfort zone? You will not think about life in the same way...

Check this book out! I Will Praise You in the Storm: The Story of Stephen and Holly Deaubé, a Journey of Faith
Amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Will-Praise-You...

Enter a giveaway:

Goodreads Book Giveaway

I Will Praise You in the Storm by Danny L. Deaubé

I Will Praise You in the Storm

by Danny L. Deaubé

Giveaway ends June 01, 2016.

See the giveaway details
at Goodreads.

Enter Giveaway

message 47: by Tammie (last edited Apr 12, 2016 02:55AM) (new)

Tammie   | 6 comments FREE E-book 12-14 April Testimonies of a Good God. 5/5 based on 23 Amazon reviews.

Testimonies of a Good God by Byron van der Merwe .

An inspiring true story of loss, struggle and yet great victory in Jesus through every season of life.

Through the death of his sister, the near death of his brother, a heartbreak after a failed relationship, attempted shootings, car wrecks, bad medical reports, and many trials, Byron testifies of the goodness and grace of God even when life just didn’t make sense.

But this book is not just about trials, it’s about faith, hope and victory in Jesus. It’s about the amazing victory Byron and his wife Tammie have experienced in Jesus, even through the times when it felt like God was absent.

Finishing the book you’re left with an excitement and joy to start reading your Bible. Eager to learn more how to practically apply God’s Word more in everyday life. If God did it them, then surely He could do it for you too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEE9C2Q?r...
Testimonies of a Good God Seeing God's Goodness Through the Clouds of Life by Byron van der Merwe

message 48: by Luis (new)

Luis Duperon (LuisAngelDuperon) | 6 comments Check out The Clown: One Who Rises From His Fall.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 49: by Heath (new)

Heath Jones | 2 comments For those with kids 9-12ish, I've written The Lost Treasure of Persia, and The Copper Map. Both of these books are rated as 'excellent' on the Christian Children's Book Review blog and are in their Top Picks section. Feel free to have a look :-)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TGOAT1G
The Copper Map

message 50: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lindsay | 2 comments At least 15 years ago I leafed through a book entitled The Bible as a Novel. It only took a little scanning to know the author had never read a good novel filled with action and emotion. That was the beginning of The Son of God Series - 5 books that cover the life of Jesus-400 pages each- fast-paced and bold, Biblical and historical, imaginative and Christian, technically fiction but mostly truth. Take a look, read the excerpts http://www.sonofgodbooks.com

« previous 1