ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ᴜᴘ, ᴍᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛɪᴇs ;; ʏᴏ ʜᴏ discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sᴀʀᴀʜ (new)

sᴀʀᴀʜ | 188 comments Mod

maddie | 81 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

Cordelia's mind was in a frenzy, swirling around like a wild storm at sea. Somehow she'd managed to kill a Pirate Lord, and now was stuck here at the headquarters of the Brethren Court, awaiting for the meeting to start. She'd changed out of her frilly clothes from Port Royal, and boy was she happy about that. The crew of the Captain in which she'd murdered, had brought her clothes to change into. A black and gold dress which she could easily move around in, and a captains coat, which were also of the same colors, resembling the colors their previous captain had worn. Cordelia was a bit fidgety. Was she nervous? Hell yes. Was she afraid of her death? Hell no. If she was killed, well at least she knew that she'd escaped from her own father and the life he'd planned for her. That's when a small boy, probably eight years younger than her, came in to tell her that the meeting was beginning to start. Cordelia still had the sword they'd given her back on the ship, strapped tightly to her hip. As she stood her hand laid on the hilt, and then, she was off, taking long strides into the room where several skrangly looking men had gathered around a long table. One chair was missing, and Coddelia's mind instinctively went, sitting down amongst the large quantity of men. She ran her fingers through her long red hair, keeping a calm and cool composure, but on the inside, she truly was terrified.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments (view spoiler)
Of course Emory was late, when was he ever on time to one of these meetings? To him they were irrelevant and waste of his time. Though he wondered many times about the compelling dry land, it never was that exciting. In his heart of hearts it was clear he preffered the sea and everything that it had to offer. Alas, just as the title of Captain passed down to him he was also given the position of Pirate Lord. Was there no God? Irritably he fixed his hat before just yanking it off altogether. Not too worried about his appearance he was dressed in his usual loose fitted tunic as well as a cover up jacket, his leather pants and boots. Over time he'd allowed his hair to grow out, so to tame it he had to tie it back in a bun. Sighing heavily he paused in front of the door just as he saw it swinging closed. Quickly Emory reached out before stopping it with his palm and then entered. His nose wrinkled at the clear smell of rum that lingered in the room. While many of his crew members had a habit of drinking, he preferred not to, especially when it only ever brought out his temper. Sighing he looked before before raising an eyebrow. Was that girl sitting in his chair? He voiced his question aloud, just enough for the two pirates beside him to hear. The reply was a loud cackle. "What do you expect when you haven't showed up to the last few meetin's." One joked with a grin that was missing plenty of teeth. Rolling his eyes he continued forwards before tapping her on the shoulder. "Excuse me, but this is my seat." While it wouldn't have bothered him in any other situation there seemed to be no more avaliable ones, and she didn't exactly look like she belonged here either. Maybe she was lost? Or maybe he was clueless. Taking a look around the room Emory suddenly became aware of one less man. Was this his daughter here to take his place. He fidgeted around once more with his hat before placing it atop his head.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

Cordelia had grown accustomed to the smell of alcohol her whole life. It's all men seemed to want to drink these days, and to her, it all smelled equally the same. She looked around the room, wondering as to why they hadn't begun her trial or judgement or whatever this was she was attending. As the man hovered over her, she quickly stood up, in which she pushed the chair flat into his chest. "Oh good God! I am so sorry.. I-I--" Laughter echoed around the hall, and Cordelia's ears flushed a deep crimson red. "I didn't know it was your chair. I didn't expect anyone to be late. And I'm sorry for everything after that.." A pirate across the room shouted, "You expect her to become a Captain one day!? Look at her! A Govenors daughter, a former prissy hissy Lady, and she's apologizing all over herself!!" Cordelia backed away slowly, her head cast down in shame. How was she expected to become a Captain one day? What did these Nine Lords see in her? Another chair was brought up, and the small scrangly boy motioned for her to sit down and get the humiliation over with. Taking a deep breath, Cordelia briefly closed her eyes before taking small steps towards the chair, sitting down tentatively. And then it began. One of the Nine Lords began speaking of the situation at hand, how she had single handedly murdered the last Pirate Lord, and according to the code it was her duty to now take up both his position as Captain and Pirate Lord of the South China Sea. Cordelia knew all eyes were on her, but kept her head down as she listened to every word that was spoken. "She doesn't seem quite fit yet to become a Cap'n.. Maybe she could go with one'a you's Nine Lor's. Get trained up a bit." Piped up a pirate within the crowd. Cordelia's ears perked up at that. That, she wouldn't mind. Something much better than what she'd heard from the rest of that lot.

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
Not moving back quickly enough Emory recieved the blow of the chair right to his chest. Letting out a small sound he rubbed just below his collar bone before slidding out the chair a bit further to make he path easier. Choosing not to join in on the laughter he just shook his head, biting his lower lip as his gaze fell towards the floor. He was still confused about her presence and wondered why she was here. While she stumbled around for a seat he was about to offer that she just sit there, even if it was his seat. Soon enough though she was seated somewhere else and his ears perked up slightly in interest. Despite himself he laughed softly, she was going to be a captain? While he had full apprecation for strong woman Emory just couldn't picture it and he had to remind himself he'd only just met the girl and he'd barely even exchanged words with her. Taking his seat he lazily rested his feet atop the table in front of him as many of the other pirates did. He dipped his hat slightly as well so that it casted a shadow over his eyes as he listened to the words being exchanged. And she'd killed a man? Maybe he really should stop judging people on their appearances. Hearing the offer he threaded his fingers together, waiting for someone to volunteer and stand up, but per usual the pirates just began to shot out names. "How 'bout Black Jack's boy?" He heared someone say and a chorus of yes's seemed to follow. Emory cringed at his father's nickname as his feet landed back on the floor with a loud thud and he continued to watch her silently.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Cordelia's eyes followed the line of all the rest of the pirates, straight towards the man in which she'd run his own chair into. Groaning softly to herself, she rubbed her forehead, not daring to look at him but could feel his gaze lingering upon her. The Pirate Lords who sat around the table murmured in agreement amongst each other, before one of them shouted that it was settled, and the dead captains first mate would have control over her ship until further notice. The Pirates stood up, many lingering, but some groups lingered on, drinking and chatting amongst each other about the new arrangement. "I bet she'll take the first ship back to Port Royal as soon as possible." "I bet she'll walk the plank." "Or worse. She'll fall for Black Jack's boy and find out--" Cordelia didn't hear the rest as she ran into Emory's chest, having not been looking in front of her. "I'm so--" she bit her lip, pausing for a moment. "Oh what's the point. Not like anyone would care about my apologies or not." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, and blowing a stray red string of hair from her face. Deciding it best for introductions -- since she was going to be living with him now -- Cordelia' stuck the palm of her hand out towards him. "Cordelia Rose Asplin. I guess I'm the little girl you have to train now." She stated, confidence now in her tone, as she rolled her eyes, chuckling lightly and smirking up at the taller male. Cordelia after that just kept quiet unless spoken too, her hand resting against the hilt of her sword, eyes glancing around as the two began to walk away from the scene.

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
It's as if as soon as that one little comment had been voiced there was no chance for Emory to get a word in edge wise. It wasn't like he could very well protest, though. Still he wasn't good with training. He had some of the best on his crew through blood lines, not newbies. He was still having a difficult time believing those small little hands of hers were capable of killing anything- much more a man. He remained where he was sitting ridged in his chair as things were tied up. "I bet you'll have tons of fun with that there girlie. It's been a while since you had one of hers aboard." Emory held back a look of amusement as he glanced over at the man who spoke. No one here knew for a fact he was married. While there were rumors of it he would ever so blandly state he was wedded to the sea if one were to ask. Shaking his head he got to his feet. Maybe there was still a chance for him to escape back to La Fleur without being seen. Emory could be as elusive as his father and get away with it. Humming softly under his breath he made his way to the door before bumping into some. A quick apology formed at his lips before he saw who it was. The girl. Clearly someone above wasn't looking out for him today. Seeing her up close once more he took in the tiny little details of her appearance, but at the same time he managed to hold eye contact. "Well your apologies are sure wasted on these lot." He said with a wave of his hand towards the other pirate lords. He raised his eyebrows slightly as he noticed the slight hitch of confidence in her voice. "You may call me captain, Lady Asplin." In all honesty he would've said such respectfully, but there was a slight undertone of mockingness in the way he said lady. Turning on his heels he continued out the room. Perhaps if Emory walked fast enough he'd lose her in the crowd.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Anger boiled in her chest as he just walked away from her. Like he would get away with that. Cordelia stormed after him into the crisp night air, eyes shining in the lamp lit streets. "Hey!!" She shouted after him, her eyes ablaze with fury as she marched up to him. "Don't call me that." She spat. "You better get used to me being around now, because I'm living with you. So just live with it, got it? And you know, I'm going to find out your name anyways from the crew. No use in keeping it from me." With that, she turned around, marching ahead of him and towards the docks where several pirate boats sat, swaying softly in the water. They ranged from a small to quite large scale, all different shapes, sizes and colors. No two were the same, she pointed out. Not like the Royal Navy's ships. The coat drapped across her shoulders for her perfectly, and she tugged on its sleeve, biting her lips and looking around at the masts of the pirate ships. Cordelia had made sure that 'Captain' was behind her, so as not to loose him and be left stranded at the Cove. Sure, she had been a little cross with him, but that was just her fiery temper. And either way, just talking about her family, or calling her a lady, or something else of the sort always seemed to set her off. Red stands blew in front of her sea green eyes, which glimmered in the moonlit night as the sea crashed in front of her. In taking the sweet smell of salty sea air, she thought to herself about how much she were to enjoy this new life.

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
"Ah, a fiery temper to match the ladies fiery hair." Emory grinned this time as she caught up with him. His own hand rested on the sword to his side as he watched her with obvious amusement. For a moment he tried picturing her as a captain, but he just couldn't see it. "A woman such as yourself is only meant to keep the bed warm. Have a look at yourself- you've barely got a speck of dirt on you." He said, waving his hand in front of her face as if to make a point. Though he didn't know much about her he could tell by her attitude and her clear pronunciation that she was born of higher wealth. Before his mother passed in child birth she'd wanted her children to learn a more civilized way of speaking, and for some reason his father went along with it- which is why he didn't have the common tongue of a pirate. When he began to drink though the slur would always find a way to make itself clear. "That may be true, but you will only address me as captain, am I-" he was cut of suddenly as she stomped off down the path. Sighing he ran his fingers over his face irritably. How long exactly was it that he had to train her? More then an hour seemed like a daunting task. While this would've been the opportune moment to leave her he found himself following after her, "This way." He muttered under his breath as he walked towards one of the larger ships.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
She scoffed at his comment, rolling her eyes at the stupidity of it all. "Only meant to keep the bed warm?" Cordelia laughed darkly, though no smile was placed upon her lips. "Well, captain," she stated mockingly. "Know that I won't ever be keeping your bed warm." And that's when she had strode off, keeping to her mind, letting the sea breeze blow through her fiery red hair -- just as he had said. Cordelial let her mind wander, looking upon the sea, watching the waves out far from the Cove crash around, churning up the sea. As he came up behind her, she crossed her arms over her chest haughtily and trailed behind him as she looked up after each and every ship there was. When they stopped at his own, she gawked. "Wow... She's-She's beautiful.." She uttered, staring up at the large ship. She could hear men above, drinking, dancing, playing music and laughing wildly as they took their time off as their captain had been gone. Cordelia continued to follow Emory, her eyes wandering as they walked up and onto the shops vast deck, where she got a good look at the group of men she would be spending her time with. Many eyes watched them, mouths shut and the music and festivities had stopped as they stared at both her and him. One pirate whistled, before shouting, "Got yourself another lady, Cap'n?" The man was near them, and Cordelia raised a brow, looking up at Emory before pulling her hair up into a bun. She strode gracefully over to the pirate, who had one eye, and then she did something that surprised them all, except herself. Cordelia punched the man squarely in the eye, so hardly he fell to the surface of the deck. "I am not a whore. I expect you all to learn that well. Unless you want to end up like him. Or worse." She then flounced away, walking into what she expected were the Captain's quarters, and she was correct, walking into a room full of an assortment of pirates items.

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
Emory simply smirked at her reply. "Challenge accepted." He called out to her just before he caught up. While he was a married man the relationship was open. No doubt he was attracted to his wife, as any man with eyes would be, but the forces marriage never really seemed to benefit their relationship. So they each were free to whatever they liked to do, but as of yet neither of them had really found a man or woman that lasted more then a night- and he already knew what Arietta has done with her men before they'd even get started. It was simply for revenge, but nevertheless it was a reminder of what she was capable of. It was best to simply keep her at his side. Hearing the laughter from aboard he rolled his eyes. That seemed to be his crews constant lately. While they respected him completely and would listen to him in any situation he found if they had a fun time every now and again they wouldn't grow bitter towards him as they had towards his father. "We'll be castin off soon." He called to one of his men before untying one of the large ropes that kept the ship tethered to the dock. While they could very well stay here another night there were still hours left of daylight and he didn't wish to waste them. He led the girl on deck before realizing he didn't know her actual name due to his lack of attention. It seemed fitting that he didn't, though when she was only going to be calling him captain. Hearing the man behind him make a comment he laughed softly under his breath turning to make a snide comment before the red haired girl stepped in front of him. He didn't have time to stop her though as she landed a clean cut punch on his face. Emory would have to be lying if he didn't admit he was somewhat surprised by the strength of the blow. "Best not to mess with that one I suppose, ay Gretin?" He asked, nudging him with his foot as he remained on the floor of the deck. The pirate quickly got to his feet, fumbling around for his hat and seeming to avoid everyone's gaze out of embarrassment. Emory followed after the girl, surprised when he found her in his private quarters.

(view spoiler)

maddie | 81 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

Cordelia was leaning over his desk, heavily studying the maps that lay there before turning to him as he entered. "So... What am I going to learn first? I expect we're going to begin tomorrow, am I correct?" She tilted her head to the side, her hair still up in a messy red disarray of a bun. Cordelia looked beautiful, even in the lamp light, her hair messy and dressed in pirate attire, she was something that would catch any mans eye. "I know how to do some hand-to-hand combat, and swordsmanship. I learned it from...." She looked towards the window, already missing her best friend terribly. Alayna always had her back, but who was going to be there for her when this ass was being, well, an ass. She sighed heavily, shaking her head. "From a friend." Cordelia looked back down, avoiding eye contact with the man, though she felt his gaze on her. "Would you stop staring at me like that? I'm not some sort of toy." She seethed, though kept a calm composure. So many thoughts raced through her head. But one thing she knew for certain was that this training she was about to take, was going to be painfully difficult. This man must've had years of training for him to have been picked to take care of her, almost like a nanny would've.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
((Sorry my post is so short >.<))

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
Emory sighed tiredly, doing his best not to let his annoyance show now that they were alone. Sliding off his hate he hooked it over onto one of the pegs sticking from the wall of the ship. Though he knew her questions were meant to be asked he didn't have any answers at the moment. "I have to think about it." He replied simply before walking over towards one of the walls. Slamming his fist against it in a violent manner the left edge popped out revealing a small alcove behind it. There was a chest that required a key as well as a place to store his weapons. Releasing the belt around his waist the sword loosened before he collected it and placed it into the area. While he knew he was mostly safe on the ship he reached for the pistol anyways and hid it inside his jacket before reaching down to put the wall back in place. During the whole process he listened to her, vaguely catching onto a word or two. At some point he stopped paying to her words and instead his eyes were roaming her body. The pirate attire left a lot to his imagination, but she must've had a- he stopped his train of thought when she spoke. Rolling his eyes he pushed himself away from the wall he was leaning on. "Have you ever even steered a ship?" He asked lazily before signaling with his hand for her to follow him out of the room.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Cordelia watched curiously as he slammed the wall with his fist, startled at first but then watching as a secret compartment was opened and he stored his weapons inside. It was strange yet all the same it allures her. We're there other secret passages around the ship too? Watching him watch her, eyes roaming all across her studying her body, she wondered what he was thinking about her. She took this oppurtunity to look him over as well, noticing his loose shirt and chiseled chest underneath the revealing fabric. She wondered -- her thoughts were stopped as she listened to his question. "As a matter of fact, I have. My best friend was in the navy. She taught me everything I know." Cordelia stated calmly, though her fists were clenched at her sides as she followed after him. "Where are you taking me, anyways?" The wind blew across the deck, and her coat billowed behind her feet, her hair tumbling out of its bun at the one harsh breeze, before everything calmed once more. The men must've gone to their respected areas, because the deck was now empty, except for one scrangly old man who waved at them with a kind smile. A parrot on his shoulder screeched a hullo, but the man said nothing, for he was a mute. A kind smile played briefly at her lips, as she waved in return, a curt nod following. "At least one of your men isn't looking me up and down like some prize they won." She whispered, now walking side by side, her footsteps linked with his. Their boots clattered against the deck as they walked, now silent and sure as ever. Cordelia wondered what kind of captain this man was. Was he a brute? A caring captain? Or was he one that cared nothing for his crew whatsoever? She secretly hoped he was the second choice, for that seemed far more easier for her to work with. Not that she didn't mind being with a difficult captain, she just honestly didn't want to die quite yet..

message 16: by Morgan (last edited Aug 09, 2015 08:44PM) (new)

Morgan | 94 comments (view spoiler)
"The Navy?" He asked feigning interest while his brain tried to compute it. If her best friend was in the navy she could very well be a spy. La Fleur de la Mort didn't have the best track record with Port Royal's famous navy when his father was in charge. Quite the tyrant the man was known well for his raids on the town. "Why didn't you simply join them as well?" He asked before scoffing softly. At least he'd have someone to blame for her lack of skill. Instead of answering her question he continued along the hull before taking the stairs up towards where the wheel rested. Currently no one was up there. At her remark he raised an eyebrow. "You can't blame them, it's a rarity to have a girl on board." He told her before leaning over the side to see that the ropes that had been tied to the docks were all released. "Ready to set sail." He called out, his voice sharp and commanding as pirates scampered out from wherever they'd previously been residing to arm the sails and what not.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Cordelia scoffed, shaking her head. "I know what you're thinking. 'She's a spy! She can't be trusted!' Well, I'll let you know this. I hate the Royal Navy. I hate the King. I hate everything about that stupid island. I was never meant to be a lady. I hated being some stupid woman who would just wait around all day until she got to sleep with a man she didn't love at night. No, I wanted freedom. I wanted to be free to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. The only option -- become a pirate. Simple as that. It certainly has always been the life for me." She held her head up high, sea-green eyes clashing with his own pair of orbs. Cordelia didn't feel any remorse nor did she feel stupid for revealing a chunk of her story. If they were to live with each other, they might as well get to know each other. "Oi!" She shouted down to the men, who all turned their gaze towards her, all stopping what they were doing. "What's this blokes name?" In usion, they all answered, uttering his name into the night. Turning to him, she smiled in a sickly sweet manner. "Well, Captain Emory. It's nice to finally know who I'll be sailing with. On that note, where would you like to set course too?" Cordelia cockily smirked at him, tossing off her jacket, and throwing it to the side. Her curvy figure was now revealed a bit more, as she leaned against the wheel, hands draping across it's smooth surface, hot tension thick in the air -- whether it was sexually of mentally, it was up to the two of them to act upon it.

message 18: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
Emory watched her closely as she almost seemed to read his mind. The guilty ones always did put everything on the table to make it look as if they could be trustworthy. He'd have to see what Arietta and his sister's opinions would be of this new addition. Sure she wouldn't be around for too long, but long enough to be a bother. The venom in her voice though almost had him believing her though. He didn't necessarily hate the navy or the king, he didn't like them, but it certainly didn't go that far. For a moment he was curious to know why, but decided not to prode. Emory always had an ear open to others problems and eventually people came to him to spill everything out. If she were to know him it was likely that's how it would end up. "Ah, so it's the pirate life for you dearie?" He asked, going against calling her a lady this time. Maybe he would have to get to know her name, especially when she threw his in his face like that. Rolling his eyes he shook his head. "You're still to address me as Captain." He told her simply. Quickly he looked down towards his compass. The trinket was useless- especially when he'd memorized and mapped the seven seas trillions of times. You couldn't exactly be a pirate if you had no idea where you were going- much less a captain. Sighing he looked down just in time to catch an eyeful of her now revealed chest. Emory averted his eyes, "Wherever the tide takes us." With that the sails opened, catching in the air before he placed his hands on the wheel looking down at her with what could only be considered a flirty smile. "Now is it you trying to seduce me? Perhaps you want to keep me bed warm after all?" He teased before suddenly twisting the wheel left.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
"Yes, it is in fact the life for me. You know, pirates didn't just start off as well, pirates. They started off as Lords, beggars and abundant of things. So just because of my heritage, don't think it means I'm the same as the blood that runs in my veins. All my parents did was create me, there was never love, so what the point of following in their footsteps?" Cordelia mused, humming softly under her breath before chuckling lightly, her melodic voice carrying out into the sea. "I think I can address you as whatever I would like, Sir Long Hair." She snorted softly underneath her breath. "I am to be a Captain after all, am I not? So why should I be taking orders now, hm?" Cordelia hope she's bested him at this small quarrel, and she smirked as she believed she had. Cordelia knew he had stared at he chest, and there was no reason to cover it up now as she no longer needed to follow social rules. Plenty of men had done it before, either way, so it didn't bother her as much. "Actually, it was a bit too hot for my taste. And I don't believe I'll ever find myself in your bed, thank you for the offer, but I'd rather take someone who actually loves me than the likes of you." With that, she kicked him in the shin, having gotten annoyed of his hovering figure. They weren't going to both sail the ship ; it either one of the other and Cordelia had been the one asked if she could sail, and now it was her time to prove it.

message 20: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
Oh please don't give my your sad life story Emory thought to himself. While he could deal with problems and he enjoyed listening he knew she didn't want pity for anything, and he wouldn't give it to her. His father wasn't the most loving man either, but being raised the way he was the fact had never managed to bother him. It always concerned him that maybe love just wasn't for him. Maybe it would just be his sister that carried the line of Tyndall's. While he could surely have a son or daughter he found no point in it- especially if he wasn't to fully love their mother. Sighing he tried not to think about it. It was too much to dwell on for a thirty year old pirate lord. "You should take orders as a sign of respect. I could easily make you walk the plank and there might just be a few complaints from the brethren, but they'd quickly get over it. The first mate would take over the South China Sea and this would've all been for naught." He told her, putting it in simplistic terms. It was true. The value of a pirates life was very low and he knew that as one of the few solid truths in his life. "Once we get out of this enclosed area you'll be wishin you'd covered yourself up." He replied, shrugging his broad shoulders that were covered by his jacket. Emory inwardly winced as she kicked him firmly in the shines and he had to remind himself he'd never raise a hand to a lady. "It doesna have to be love doll, just some fun." He commented before steering a bit, remaining in his place. He just wanted to make sure they were away from the docks so she wouldn't plant the front of the ship into another- still having no idea whether or not she had skill. Once they were closer towards the open sea he stepped aside. "Show me what you've learned." With that he let go of the wheel before taking a seat behind the wheel atop one of the barrels.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Cordelia shut up after that comment about respect, her shoulders now stiff and firm, squarely set in annoyance. Why could she have been given to one of the other pirate lords? This one clearly didn't want her here, and the only reason his crew would want her here was for her to be giving her body to them. They would probably all gladly take a good show out of watching her walk off the plank. "I don't care, but if you've got a problem with it, why don't you just cover me up yourself?" She spat, her tone dripping with venom, as Cordelia looked out to the open sea. "Well, I don't want fun. I just want to learn and get this over with. You clearly don't want me here, so stop being such a jackass about it. I've got it, okay? No one wants me here -- well, they do for my body -- but other than that, you obviously would gladly throw me off the boat. So, just shut it and let me concentrate." Cordelia growled through gritted teeth, happy to know he'd backed up. Her entire being was tense, and she had a firm grip on the wheel, turning it every once and awhile as she guided it through the open sea and cool night air. Cordelia took a deep breath, letting her body take a moment to relax. She flexed her fingers, before moving the wheel to the right, her free hand going up to catch the pendant on her necklace ; a coin with a pirates skull engraved on the surface. Something she'd found and kept as a young girl, always wearing it tucked underneath her clothes.

message 22: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
"I'm completely fine with it, especially" Emory replied with a smug grin before resting his head back. He closed his eyes enjoying the few hours of sun he had left. Soon he'd have to make an official announcement on their new company, but for now he would just let them wonder. Either way he was sure the members were whispering about her. The only other two people he allowed to steer his ship were his sister and wife. Of course with Arietta he did so closer to night time so to avoid the whispering that was likely occurring at that very moment. "Women or a dying breed in the world of pirates." He replied matter-of-factory as she commented on her body. "But everyone on this ship knows if they so much as looked at my sister in the manner they're looking at your they'd end up with one slit throat. So your certainly a sight for soar eyes" He said, his fingers clenching slightly at the thought. Emory could be a bit overly protective of his sister, which wasn't something she seemed to enjoy. Relaxing ever so slightly he kept his eyes closed and he enjoyed the soft hum of the sea.

maddie | 81 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

"You have a sister? I would expect you to treat women much better if you have a sister." She retorted bluntly, sighing softly as the soft wind blew through her hair. The sun was already beginning to sink towards the end of the sky line, and all was calm around the two. It was quiet but Cordelia seemed to actually enjoy it. While he had his eyes closed, she slipped the coat back on over her shoulders, now covering herself up as he recommended. Just then, she began to hum a soft tune that was beautiful and saddening all at once. "When the night falls down on me, when the waves wash my weary feet, when my heart is gone with the sea, oh then I long for thee. I will hold onto our love, I will tear apart the seas, I will Kia your lips and be lost, and I will trust in us." The rest of song, she hummed for awhile, soon stopping as she sailed the ship across the seas. The last rays of the sun shone in her bright red hair, making them look ablaze with a wild fire. Her pale hands were smooth and steady, working wonderfully as they sailed on to wherever the tides would take them, according to Emory. Her sea green eyes studied the sea that stoned her bright orbs, watching sea foam rush past them, along with other variations of blue. Fish could be seen swimming in the clear waters of the endless, bottomless blue. "You know.. You haven't used my name once. I'm beginning to think you can't remember it. Cordelia Rose. Just, Cordelia Rose.." The words flowed smoothly from her lips, her back facing him as her eyes were laden on the many layers of the deep blue ahead of them.

message 24: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
"Well... you aren't my sister." Emory stated. But she could be someone's little sister, his mind pestered him. Admittedly he'd be the first person on this ship to defend a ladies honor, but as she so liked to point out she was no longer a lady- she was, or wanted to be, a pirate. Most females who were pirates often had to be just a little bit overly confident and seductive to get any say in a man's world. As she began to hum a tune that sounded familiar to his ears he began to do the same out of habit. It was such a sub-conscious gesture he wasn't aware of the fact he was doing so until she spoke once more. He opened his eyes, watching as she stood surely at the wheel with the sun shining smoothly through her hair. This time though he wasn't all too distracted to catch her name. "Lovely name." Even as he spoke Emory was almost sure he'd never be using it, and he certainly wouldn't remember it in her short time here.

(view spoiler)

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Or so everyone thought it would be a short time. She hoped it would be a short time, wanting to learn everything quickly and smoothly. "I'm sure your think it is." Cordelia stated bluntly, rolling her eyes but a small smile seemed to form on her lips in a fond way, almost. She yawned quietly, sounding almost like a small kitten awaiting it's time to go lay down for rest. Rest.. That sounded like pure bliss to her right now. Cordelia sighed softly, leaning slightly into the large wheel, before realizing she was starting to drift to sleep, the smooth waves and quiet sea air lulling her into a deep dream. "I-I think we should switch-- switch spots for a minute.." She said through yawns, her eyes fluttering sleepily. As the two switched spots, she chuckled quietly, nudging him. "You don't look like much of a teacher to me, but I guess we'll see." Her sea green eyes were bright, as they stared into his for a moment. Should they have known each other better, in the serene area, she probably would've kiss him right then and there. She could deny that he was beautiful -- get ahold of yourself, a small voice in her head chided.

(view spoiler)

message 26: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 94 comments
When the girl rolled her eyes at him he resisted the urge to repeat her in a childish manner. For an hour or so he drifted in and out of consciousness. Today had been a long day, and he found it relaxing to not be in charge of the steering of the ship for once. When he heard her yawn he laughed softly, wondering if her day had been long at all. It was likely all her nerves from earlier that would've made her tired. Emory forced himself back to his feet at her suggestion before manning the wheel and looking at the fluttering sails. "Well you'd be my first student, so I guess we'll learn together." He responded, pursing his lips slightly as he looked back at her before returning his attention to the open waters.

(view spoiler)

maddie | 81 comments Mod
Cordelia leaned up against the post behind him, her eyes fluttering shut for a few moments. "Learn together.. sure. So, speaking of the matter, when are you going to train me in other things than manning a ship?" A sly smirk crossed her pale features as she spoke. Cordelia was honestly just ready to get onto the more fun part of the training — combat. Whether that be hand to hand, or working on her swordsmanship, she was ready to learn how to truly fight like a real pirate. Her eyes cracked open so she could get a glance upon the captain. She could just barely see his dark orbs, but she saw them enough to be able to read him in such a way where she could just scratch the surface of what he thought of her. Weak. Surprising. An annoyance. And not ready for a position such as this. Cordelia sighed softly before looking back at the deck, the waves crashing up against the side of the ship. "Is there anywhere I'm supposed to be sleeping, or is that not an option?"

ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ᴜᴘ, ᴍᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛɪᴇs ;; ʏᴏ ʜᴏ

unread topics | mark unread