#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2015 - TV&Movie Adaption > Update On Reading Progress - Day 7 & Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
How's you reading going? Reading everything you wanted to?

So far I've read Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson & The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple #1) by Agatha Christie was going to read today(aka Saturday) but hung out with my friend and had a Mission Impossible marathon instead #NoRegrets Still have one more day of reading so well see how that goes.

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments Starting day 7 I still have one more book on my TBR for this read-a-thon A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) by Michael Bond so hoping to read it from cover to cover today. Plus finish the non-ayearathon book I'm currently reading. Will see how it goes...

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth so i'm still reading White Shark by Peter Benchley because the 8/8/15 is the day my Dad passed way back in 8/8/10 , so today I'm plain to finish it before tonight because I only got 119 pages left to do,

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenvergauwen) | 15 comments Here's my wrap-up post that I posted on my blog.
http://bookaddictedgirl.blogspot.be/2...
This wa my first time ever joining and you can for sure expect to see me back next month. I'm pretty excited about the banned books. I didn't really know what kind of books I could expect to find, but there's some nice one's there that I'm excited to read. And I'll probably get a lot of ideas beforehand in his group.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth i'm right now 174 pages in my book. question what books are considered banned books

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments Elizabeth wrote: "i'm right now 174 pages in my book. question what books are considered banned books"

https://www.goodreads.com/genres/bann...

message 7: by Lara (last edited Aug 09, 2015 08:58PM) (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Well, I'm gonna call it now. I just finished reading The Book Thief and I highly doubt I'll be able to finish a whole other book before midnight. Although, don't think I didn't consider it- The Importance of Being Earnest isn't a very long book at all. Lol. Anywho! I managed to read the last 175 pages of The Book Thief today. Oh my gosh, you guys! I was crying so much on this last stretch! ='( I loved it so much! So here are my stats for the week:

Finished Books:
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Pages Read: 808

I'm so glad I finally got around to reading The Book Thief and this readathon was just what I needed to speed me through the last couple hundred pages of A Dance with Dragons. ^_^ This has definitely been one of my favorite themes so far this year!

message 8: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments I didn't do too badly, especially considering I have recently started binge watching That '70s Show.
This week I finished:
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith , The Spook's Apprentice (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles #1) by Joseph Delaney , Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10) by Ann M. Martin , Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-Sitters Club, #11) by Ann M. Martin , Horns by Joe Hill and Rat Queens, Vol. 1 Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens Vol. 1 1-5) by Kurtis J. Wiebe

Faves of the week were Horns and Rat Queens

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 7 wrap up. Well I didn't do that bad. I combined the Booktubeathon with this weeks read-a-thon and so here are the books I completed:
Heap House (Iremonger, #1) by Edward Carey Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

Books currently reading:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey pg 218
The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis pg 51
The Beach by Alex Garland pg 164
Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times by Emma Trevayne pg 53

message 10: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 188 comments I finished the last 45 pages of William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back, finishing all the books I meant to plus an extra!

For my totals tune into my YouTube Channel for my wrap up coming this week!
https://www.youtube.com/user/lorien13

message 11: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments DAY SEVEN Reading update:
A Bear Called Paddington - 159/159 complete!
Marley & Me - (abridged audio) 30/180 <--slow going
Total pages read this day (for this RAT): 159 pages
Total pages read this RAT: 742 pages
Total Books completed: 4
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne Naruto, Vol. 01 The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) by Masashi Kishimoto A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) by Michael Bond
Total pages read including just for Booktube-a-thon books: 1626

Other books read this week:
The Queen's Knight, Volume 2 by Kim Kang-Won Amulet, Vol. 3 The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3) by Kazu Kibuishi Burned (Burned, #1) by Ellen Hopkins

message 12: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairescragglepine) | 63 comments Day 7: 115 Pages Read

Total Pages Read: 225

That isn't a very high page count, but I was reading two other non-ayearathon books on the side. I finished Dragonfly in Amber, which was my goal for this week.

message 13: by ke-sha (new)

Kirsten wrote: "DAY SEVEN Reading update:
A Bear Called Paddington - 159/159 complete!
Marley & Me - (abridged audio) 30/180 <--slow going
Total pages read this day (for this RAT): 15..."

Kirsten wrote: "Starting day 7 I still have one more book on my TBR for this read-a-thon A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) by Michael Bond so hoping to read it from cover to cover today. Plus finish the non-ayearathon b..."

I recently saw the Paddington movie it was good. Never read the books though. How did you like it? and do you plan to see the movie?

Awesome Job on both RAT!!!
Have you been watching all The BookTubeAThon videos my subscription feed was like you shall watch nothing else MUHAHAHA Lol

message 14: by ke-sha (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "so i'm still reading White Shark by Peter Benchleybecause the 8/8/15 is the day my Dad passed way back in 8/8/10 , so today I'm plain to finish it before tonight because I only got 119 pages left ..."

Understandable.*Cyber Hug*
Hope your week went well overall :)

message 15: by ke-sha (new)

Ellen wrote: "Here's my wrap-up post that I posted on my blog.
http://bookaddictedgirl.blogspot.be/2...
This wa my first time ever joining and you can for sure expect to see me ..."

Yay. Glad that you decided to join us again. I'll be sure to put up a recommendation thread soon so everyone can recommend Banned Books to one another.
Happy Reading :)

message 16: by ke-sha (new)

Lara wrote: "Well, I'm gonna call it now. I just finished reading The Book Thief and I highly doubt I'll be able to finish a whole other book before midnight. Although, don't think I didn't consider it- [book:T..."

With all the Book adapatations We figured people would love this theme. I have't read The Book Thief yet cause last time I tried I was not in the mood at all but Im going to try again before the end of the year.

You planning to watch the movie next or have you already seen it?

message 17: by ke-sha (new)

Kirsty wrote: "I didn't do too badly, especially considering I have recently started binge watching That '70s Show.
This week I finished:
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith, [bookcover:The Spook's Apprentice|33956..."

Aww Binge Watching always Lowers the reading One wants to get done Lol but hey you still read plenty!!!

You planning on seeing Horns now? Or have you already seen it? I think Im going to end up watching it first cause so many books so little time.

message 18: by ke-sha (new)

Melissa wrote: "Day 7 wrap up. Well I didn't do that bad. I combined the Booktubeathon with this weeks read-a-thon and so here are the books I completed:
Heap House (Iremonger, #1) by Edward CareyFight Club by Chuck Palahniuk[..."

*High Five*
Hope you enjoyed your books and Happy Reading :)

message 19: by ke-sha (new)

Lorien wrote: "I finished the last 45 pages of William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back, finishing all the books I meant to plus an extra!

For my totals tune into my YouTube Channel for my ..."

Awesome *High Five*

Whenever I read everything I put on my TBR (which is rare I'll admit) I always feel accomplished for not deviating Lol

message 20: by ke-sha (new)

Kyley wrote: "Day 7: 115 Pages Read

Total Pages Read: 225

That isn't a very high page count, but I was reading two other non-ayearathon books on the side. I finished Dragonfly in Amber, which was m..."

Yay, for reaching your goal.
Do you think you'll continue with the series beyond that? I've own outlander forever but I dont think I'll be reading it anytime soon if ever(Got it free on the kindle so I don't feel guilty about that Lol). Have you seen the show?

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments ke-sha wrote: "You planning to watch the movie next or have you already seen it?..."

Actually, I saw the movie first. I loved it so much that I watched it again the next day and then decided I had to put the book on my TBR bookcase. Lol. But yes, I am actually planning on watching the movie again soon, while the book is still fresh in my mind. It's always fun to see the differences for movie adaptations (at least the ones you love that aren't a total disappointment). And thankfully The Book Thief was not a disappointment! ^_^

message 22: by ke-sha (new)

Lara wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "You planning to watch the movie next or have you already seen it?..."

Actually, I saw the movie first. I loved it so much that I watched it again the next day and then decided I had..."

Man when I'm watching with friends and Family I try to save the "They change this and this and this" conversations for when it's over Lol

Sometimes I don't mind changes other time I feel like people only read the plot and went let's make a movie *eye roll*

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Haha. I totally understand! I always feel like I'm a bottle of soda that someone just shook the crap out of whenever I'm watching movie adaptations that I've read. Usually I only succeed in holding them back if I'm in a movie theatre. =p and yes, I completely agree on the just reading the plot thing. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed by movie adaptations. Haha. Thankfully, the ones that really mattered (ie- Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit) were absolutely fantastic- even if they did deviate a bit from the books events. ^_^