Magical Book Club discussion

Harry Potter Series Box Set (Harry Potter, #1-7)
This topic is about Harry Potter Series Box Set
10 views
Discuss > Harry Potter Books Vs. Films

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Discuss the differences of the books & films here, did you like it? or not?


message 2: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I really loved the films as well as the books. The cast are absolutely impeccable- there's not one actor that didn't suit their role. :) If I had to choose my favourite actor in the film though, id say Alan Rickman :) (actually my all time favourite actor because of these films)


message 3: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Alan Rickman is the best. His acting is flawless.


message 4: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Well said, friend. When Snape broke down in the last film, I started crying too :( (apologies for anyone who may not have seen the last film, just in case)


message 5: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Alan Rickman is life :o yes I have a crush on like a 70 yo man, fight me.


message 6: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I've been crushing on him since forever. Good gosh his voice is just HEAVENLY!


message 7: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (last edited Aug 08, 2015 06:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Kirstie wrote: "Alan Rickman is life :o yes I have a crush on like a 70 yo man, fight me."

Haha, I haven't seen any of his other movies, though. Except for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which was a voice over, not sure if that counts. (that movie was awful though minus Alan Rickman and Martin Freeman).


message 8: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Alan Rickman is life :o yes I have a crush on like a 70 yo man, fight me."

Haha, I haven't seen any of his other movies, though. Except for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which ..."


Oh my gooshness! Gurl, you Gotto get watching. I highly highly recommend Sense and Sensibility because it's a) a fantastic classic, and b) has Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Kate Winslet AND Emma Thompson in it (breathe!) but haven't you seen Love Actually?!


message 9: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Kirstie wrote: "Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Alan Rickman is life :o yes I have a crush on like a 70 yo man, fight me."

Haha, I haven't seen any of his other movies, though. Except for Hitchhike..."


Nope, what's it about? (we're going a bit off topic AGAIN)


message 10: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Love Actually is one of my favourite movies :')

Though I'm not a great Cameron Diaz fan, I'm keen to watch Gambit. It has Alan and Colin Firth, my other favourite. He's also in Love Actually. And course I love Hitchhikers :)

Going back to the HP cast members, I also love Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane & David Thewlis. I'm still so cross Remus & Tonks were so underused in the films :/


message 11: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Love Actually is like the best movie evaar. It's bascially a story of love with a Stella cast (Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Thomas Sangster - when he was like, 5 - Colin Firth, Martin Freeman, etc, etc) and its a big mash up of all these characters lives who sometimes Criss cross and how their love life turns out and AHH it's amazing and slightly tricky to explain! Defs just go and watch it :p


message 12: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Teddy was mentioned ONCE in DH2. I love Teddy! I'm still really upset Andromeda wasn't in the films :(


message 13: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (last edited Aug 08, 2015 06:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Kirstie wrote: "Love Actually is like the best movie evaar. It's bascially a story of love with a Stella cast (Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Thomas Sangster - when he was like, 5 - Colin Firth, Martin Freeman, etc, et..."

I'll watch it especially with all those actors!


message 14: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Me too :(


message 15: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Brooklyn wrote: "Me too :("

Dean wasn't at Malfoy Manor either. There's so much that wasn't in DH, and it was split in TWO parts.


message 16: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Exactly! The jump between the two movies felt too quick. It's like I'm pretty sure more happened in the books :/ as you just said.


message 17: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Uh so annoyed with all the characters left out (let's not even get started on Peeves). I watched the fifth movie again the other night and was sitting there like I will NOT cry (much crying) in the battle of Serius (as im now calling it)


message 18: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
The Carrows for one, and the Silver Trio stealing the Sword... I could go on.


message 19: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I feel exactly the same :( Peeves was a character I had been so looking forward to seeing in the films :( I would've thought they would've at least had him in the last one where he sings his "Voldy's gone Mouldy" song :/


message 20: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Kirstie wrote: "Uh so annoyed with all the characters left out (let's not even get started on Peeves). I watched the fifth movie again the other night and was sitting there like I will NOT cry (much crying) in the..."

They tried with Peeves, but it didn't really work out.


message 21: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Uh so annoyed with all the characters left out (let's not even get started on Peeves). I watched the fifth movie again the other night and was sitting there like I will NOT cry (muc..."

I did not know that! Okay that makes me slightly less mad if they gave it a go. Still, such a shame


message 22: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Kirstie wrote: "Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Uh so annoyed with all the characters left out (let's not even get started on Peeves). I watched the fifth movie again the other night and was sitting..."

Yeah, but he can stay in our imaginations at least. Prof. Binns was left out too.


message 23: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I gotta say I didn't know that either. :/


message 24: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Elizabeth *Book Lover* wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Uh so annoyed with all the characters left out (let's not even get started on Peeves). I watched the fifth movie again the other night..."

I don't remember this character D: okay, definitely going to do a reread at Christmas now.


message 25: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments For imaginations sake, it would've been cool to see how Binns would come across on screen.


message 26: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Brooklyn wrote: "For imaginations sake, it would've been cool to see how Binns would come across on screen."

Definitely!


message 27: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Okay I need to charge my phone I'll post more after work :)


message 28: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Okay, ttyl.


message 29: by Beth, What sort of idiot would steal a faulty tardis?. (new)

Beth Kendall | 259 comments Mod
The hp films annoy me expetialy the order of the pheonex.


message 30: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I really wish, in GOF, they included the confrontation scene between Snape & Mad-Eye in the corridors at night time, with Harry lurking in his invisibility cloak. That would've been cool. :)


message 31: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) Beth wrote: "The hp films annoy me expetialy the order of the pheonex."

I get most frustrated with The Prisoner of Azkaban.


message 32: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Same :/


message 33: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments I just really wish Tonks & Remus were given a story in the films :/ aside from the little bit at the start of film 6


message 34: by Beth, What sort of idiot would steal a faulty tardis?. (new)

Beth Kendall | 259 comments Mod
Brooklyn wrote: "I really wish, in GOF, they included the confrontation scene between Snape & Mad-Eye in the corridors at night time, with Harry lurking in his invisibility cloak. That would've been cool. :)"

They don't do that scene? OMG I never noticed.


message 35: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments The confrontation in POA, between Remus & Severus in the corridor when Harry has the Marauders Map is delightful though :)


message 36: by Corwin (new)

Corwin (corwin1030) | 70 comments How come no one has mentioned Luna Lovegood (the movie)? She was amazing!


message 37: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
Because she IS Luna Lovegood!


message 38: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Haha, too true :)


message 39: by Beth, What sort of idiot would steal a faulty tardis?. (new)

Beth Kendall | 259 comments Mod
Ok i'm cnfused


message 40: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 386 comments Evanna Lynch is my favourite member of the younger cast; she literally brought Luna to life!


message 41: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Chief Fairy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 445 comments Mod
She did!


back to top