What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. "Road trip" non-fiction by 2 young women, late 90s or early 2000s [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (last edited Mar 18, 2016 12:27AM) (new)

Cora  | 9 comments It's been driving me crazy for years, so I'm finally asking for help! Years ago, I checked out a book from my university library. It was fairly thick and contained lots of black and white photos. The essence of the book was that two educated young women were traveling around the country (in a van?), interviewing average people and just having conversations with people from all walks of life. I think it had a political bent, the gist was that despite the red state/blue state divide, we have more in common than we think and we all essentially want the same things. I remember being very taken by this book when I was younger.

I seem to remember that it was pretty new, I don't think it would have been written any later than the mid to late 90s, maybe even 2000 or 2001. I've tried searching for it a few times over the years with no luck. Any leads would be much appreciated!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Anthem: An American Road Story Anthem An American Road Story by Shainee Gabel sounds like your book.

message 3: by Cora (new)

Cora  | 9 comments That's it!!! Thanks so much, I've spent way too much time trying to track this book down. I think I might have remembered the title and authors better if I hadn't read it in plain blue library binding, where nothing was visible on the front of it.