2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Martian
This topic is about The Martian
. Week 37: In the Future > The Martian by Andy Weir

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments There are so many good comments about this book in a few other threads on this list. With the movie coming out in the next little while I want to read it before than.

I am on the waiting list at the library so hopefully I get it in time for this week.

Sophie (sawphie) I just started it and can assure you it's a very good book! I hope you'll get it soon!

Biana I have reviewed this book as many times as I have seen it pop up! I think you were wise to finally give in and read it! Honestly, one of the top 5 books I've read this year.

ENJOY

Dhinesh | 1 comments I started this day before. 120 pages done. Interest level grows more as u keep reading.

Sophie (sawphie) I'm at work and almost done, I take micro-pauses to finish it haha
I love this book so much, probably in the top 3 books I've read this year!!

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) It's so awesome that everyone loved this! God, I must read it NOWWWW~

Sophie (sawphie) You doooo! Put don't anything your doing and read the Martian ;)

Just kidding, but it's a fantastic book.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I finally got this yesterday from the library. It is amazing so far. I am already 80% done in one day.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Loved it!! I can hardly wait to see the movie. It is showing at TIFF right now. So close to me, but tickets are sooo expensive. Oh well.

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments I just finished it and enjoyed a lot! I can't wait to see the movie :)

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 34 comments Just started it for this week. Have only read a few pages but can already tell that it's going to be fun to read!

Danaë | 30 comments I really enjoyed this book. It's one of the few I think will make an even better movie than book, though. Can't wait to see it!

SaraFair Absolutely loved this book! Read it in 3 days. Of course I did NOT understand all the science included in the explanations, but it wasn't boring at all and I just heard "blah blah blah" in my head when it got too hard for me. Did not interfere with the excitement of the book or my looking forward to seeing the movie.

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments Sara wrote: "Absolutely loved this book! Read it in 3 days. Of course I did NOT understand all the science included in the explanations, but it wasn't boring at all and I just heard "blah blah blah" in my hea..."

Hahaha the same happened to me! Sometimes was "blah blah" in my head too when it got too sciencific for me, but I knew that suddenly Mark was going to say or do something that would changed the pace or the stress :D

message 15: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam Smith (chaos624) | 6 comments I loved this book. I read most of it in one sitting. Really looking forward to the movie.

Marta (gezemice) Just saw the movie - it is amazing! Now I just have to read the book.

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 34 comments I loved how scientifically correct the story seems, looks like the author did his research. It took me a while to get through the book as some pages I had to read 2-3 times to understand (the first time I also only heard "blah blah" lol), but I really enjoyed it almost the whole time!
Now I also need to see the movie! According to the trailer it looks like they gave him a wife and a child (in order to make it more dramatic I guess)

Veena (veena_singh) | 9 comments I am halfway through the book and at edge of my seat! this is the best science i have read! ever!

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments This is the article done during TIFF. An interview with Scott, Weir and the director of planetary science at NASA are included in the article. You may wish to read it after you have read the book. It does include some spoilers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/the...