What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Door in the Tree
This topic is about The Door in the Tree
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's fantasy series from 80s-early 90s about three kids and three animals [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kittandchips (new)

Kittandchips | 5 comments Hi team. I remember reading this series of three or four books around 1992-4. It involves three siblings who go and stay in the country during the holidays, and they each befriend an animal in the forest. One of the animals is a st bernard dog, one is a fox, and I can't remember, but I think the third one was a bird. As they get closer to the animals, they start to understand what they're saying and can talk with them. I remember the fox dies in the last book, and its really sad. From memory, he might have been killed by hunters. It was probably a UK series.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 283 comments The Door in the Tree

I think it could be this book and sequels.

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments There's Flight of the Raven. I didn't read the other books in the series so I'm not sure what went on.

message 4: by Kittandchips (new)

Kittandchips | 5 comments Thanks, Cupcakedoll, that's it! The Magician’s House Quartet by William Corlett. I found out from the wikipedia entry that the dog was named Spot, the fox named Cinnabar, and the bird was an Owl named Jasper. Yay, I've been wondering about that one for a while.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Note: The first book in the The Magician's House Quartet series by William Corlett is The Steps Up the Chimney.