Emily March Fans discussion

Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
This topic is about Nightingale Way
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
#5 Archive: Nightingale Way > Let's pick a challenge question for the Nightingale Way Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (last edited Aug 08, 2015 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Hello, everyone! I already know the PRIZE for the next giveaway - and you are going to be VERY excited when I announce it next week. I also know ONE of two things you'll be asked to do to enter!

I'd like your help on the second entry "task." I will be asking group members to answer ONE FUN QUESTION. It can be about anything at all. It doesn't have to be book-related - but it can be. Make it as simple as possible to answer, just a fun fact or a quirky question you think would make for some enjoyable responses.

One example is: "What is your very favorite pizza topping?" or "What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?"(By the way, if you like these - you can suggest the one you like the most.)

I'd love to hear what you'd ask one another. Post your comments here by August 11th, and let's see what you come up with. Enjoy!

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 54 comments QUESTION: Name one thing about your childhood that people would never guess.

message 3: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda wrote: "QUESTION: Name one thing about your childhood that people would never guess."

Good one, Brenda! Thank you!

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you want to go?

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Paula wrote: "Hello, everyone! I already know the PRIZE for the next giveaway - and you are going to be VERY excited when I announce it next week. I also know ONE of two things you'll be asked to do to enter!
..."

What single person was most influential in forming who you are as an individual today?

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Oooo good question Linda!

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments Who is the most famous person you have met in person?

message 8: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda wrote: "Who is the most famous person you have met in person?" Another good one! I'm making notes for the upcoming and future giveaways, too!

message 9: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Hello, everyone! I already know the PRIZE for the next giveaway - and you are going to be VERY excited when I announce it next week. I also know ONE of two things you'll be asked to ..."
Love this one!

message 10: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina wrote: "If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you want to go?"
I wish I could figure out how to upload a world map so we could stick virtual pins in it!! This is another great idea.

Michelle | 34 comments As we are all such avid readers, how about, "What is your favorite book?" , aside from any of Emily's of course!

message 12: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle wrote: "As we are all such avid readers, how about, "What is your favorite book?" , aside from any of Emily's of course!" Is it possible to choose only one?!? I will say that I can point to two or three books that literally changed the course of my adult life. Narrowing it to one COULD be done, though, in terms of the book that had the biggest impact on my life - the kind of "right time, right place" read that will stay with me forever. How about you?

Michelle | 34 comments As to right time right place, through my life there have been so many. As you say it would be hard to pick just one.

message 14: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Michelle wrote: "As we are all such avid readers, how about, "What is your favorite book?" , aside from any of Emily's of course!"
Country by Danielle Steel. A lovely story of mature second love.
Jina wrote: "If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you want to go?"
A trip to Canada to the Calgary Stampede, followed by a trip on the Rocky Mountain Train & a Cruise to Alaska. We are from the UK although the USA is lovely & there are so many places to go we have already had a couple of trips to the USA.

message 15: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Linda wrote: "Who is the most famous person you have met in person?"
The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester when our son served in the Navy on the UK Destroyer HMS Gloucester.

message 16: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Hello, everyone! I already know the PRIZE for the next giveaway - and you are going to be VERY excited when I announce it next week. I also know ONE of two things you'll be asked to ..."

My Mother, God rest her soul.

Lola  | 1001 comments Here is an old question ,If you could have dinner with 5 people ,living or passed, who would it be ? I would love to meet Whoopi Goldburg !!! She is a Hoot !

message 18: by Pam (last edited Aug 10, 2015 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Herald | 76 comments If you could be a character in any one of Emily's books, who would you be?

message 19: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam wrote: "If you could be a character in any one of Emily's books, who would you be?" Another great question, Pam! I'm saving all of these for future discussion topics, after I ask Random.org to select the one for Nightingale Way!

message 20: by Jina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Lola wrote: "Here is an old question ,If you could have dinner with 5 people ,living or passed, who would it be ? I would love to meet Whoopi Goldburg !!! She is a Hoot !"

Dear Lola,
I just love your ideas you are a hoot too, and I mean that in the best possible way. Good question suggestion and Whoopi is a hoot!

message 21: by Jina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Pam wrote: "If you could be a character in any one of Emily's books, who would you be?"

Dear Pam, Awesome question and it would require some deep thought too! I need to rethink my question ideas y'all have inspired me to think of a really awesome question.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina Gibbs

message 22: by Jina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments In Sage and Colts story, Sage went and sat on the pier and dangled her feet when she needed to think. I do some of my best thinking while mowing the lawn. I ride around my acre yard making left turns like a miniature and much slower Nascar driver, it gets monotonous but its great for thinking. So my question is Where do you do your best thinking?

message 23: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina wrote: "In Sage and Colts story, Sage went and sat on the pier and dangled her feet when she needed to think. I do some of my best thinking while mowing the lawn. I ride around my acre yard making left tur..."
I love this question! All I'll say for now is that I do my best thinking when I am nowhere near a place I can write down my thoughts! *rolls eyes* But this question could make for some fun discussions!

message 24: by Lola (last edited Aug 11, 2015 11:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola  | 1001 comments Jina wrote: "In Sage and Colts story, Sage went and sat on the pier and dangled her feet when she needed to think. I do some of my best thinking while mowing the lawn. I ride around my acre yard making left tur..."

Mine is my garden, this time of year, and my recliner with my fleece throw in the winter. I was just out there this morning and I was thinking how great my bounty is this year! God provides, and I work and enjoy the harvest.

message 25: by Jina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Another challenge question... When not reading what is your favorite hobby or interest?

Cathy Genna - 2013 RWA Bookseller of the Year (rwa2013bookselleroftheyear) | 8 comments My challenge question is how many of you are animal lovers? If so what pets do you have and do you pick up romance it mystery book titles that tell a story that weaves cat or dog into the tale?

message 27: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina wrote: "Another challenge question... When not reading what is your favorite hobby or interest?" Great one! I'm writing them all down now so that random.org can pick one for us!

message 28: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cathy wrote: "My challenge question is how many of you are animal lovers? If so what pets do you have and do you pick up romance it mystery book titles that tell a story that weaves cat or dog into the tale?"
Cathy - another good question! I know our author loves dogs and has given us some great characters -- Clarence, Snowdrop (poor Snowdrop), The Boston Terrorist (love that!) - Mortimer, and now, in Nightingale Way - a canine companion for Jack. We may have to have a "Best Eternity Springs Pet" survey later on.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.