Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > best way to ship internationally

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Dale | 4 comments I live in the US and needed to send a reviewer in England a copy of my book, Night Cruiser. I ordered it through CreateSpace and postage was a little over $4. Delivery date was way at the end of September, though. Now I wonder if it's better just to send an on-hand copy through the US post office. Anyone have experience in this?

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
International shipping rates are outrageous just for a book. Other than that, no I have no experience.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) You'll pay about $12 for the slowest shipping US. Bookdepository.com will ship a book anywhere for free, but you have to have your book available for expanded distribution and you will pay a little more than full price for your book.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Copsey (ian_d_copsey) | 69 comments Can you not open an account with Amazon.uk and send from there?

My paperback is not on CreateSpace but on Lulu.com. They have centres around the English speaking world (and a few Europeans I think too). When I need to send a book they print and send from the local office - and therefore at national prices.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Dale | 4 comments Ian wrote: "Can you not open an account with Amazon.uk and send from there?

My paperback is not on CreateSpace but on Lulu.com. They have centres around the English speaking world (and a few Europeans I think..."

Thank you all!

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Aloysius O'Reilly (cinejevu) why not buy on Amazon uk?