Catholic Thought discussion

Life of Christ
This topic is about Life of Christ
Life of Christ > Life of Christ Chapter 21 & Chapter 22

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Doreen Petersen | 439 comments Chapter 21 Summary: Only The Innocent May Condemn.
Chapter 22 Summary: The Good Shepherd.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments In chapter 22, The Good Shepherd, the comparison is made between the blind man who was cured by Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. Sheen points out that both the blind man and the Samaritan came to gradually realize that Jesus was Lord and God. This is shown by the titles given to Jesus while the man was speaking about him and the Samaritan speaking to him. I am wondering if there are other instances of this gradual discovery through speech of who Jesus is in the New Testament.

Doreen Petersen | 439 comments I really love the reference of Jesus as The Good Shepherd and when He tells Peter to take care of his sheep. It's such a gentle and loving gesture.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments I too love the image of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. My grandmother had a picture hanging in her home of Jesus with Him caring a sheep around his neck. I have always loved that picture and it is now hanging in my home. The thought that Jesus would go out to find one lost sheep is very comforting.

Doreen Petersen | 439 comments Susan Margaret wrote: "I too love the image of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. My grandmother had a picture hanging in her home of Jesus with Him caring a sheep around his neck. I have always loved that picture and it is now..."

I'm actually working on a counted cross-stitch picture of Jesus as the Good Shephard.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Doreen wrote: "I'm actually working on a counted cross-stitch picture of Jesus as the Good Shephard.
..."

Wow Doreen! That is a lot of work. When you are finished, please post a picture.

Doreen Petersen | 439 comments I did finish one of the face of Jesus at 33. Have to get it framed though cuz I don't know how to properly do that.

message 8: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Doreen wrote: "Susan Margaret wrote: "I too love the image of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. My grandmother had a picture hanging in her home of Jesus with Him caring a sheep around his neck. I have always loved tha..."

As one who is not familiar with stitching, how many hours might a picture take to complete?

Doreen Petersen | 439 comments For me it takes a long time Mike. You have to follow the chart and count the squares in the fabric which isn't easy. You need really good lighting to do this.

message 10: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Good luck with it.

Many years ago I tried my hand at making hook rugs but I am very compulsive, so things don't stay relaxing for very long. My last project was a 12 foot by 10 foot rug for my mother-in-law; after that I have never attempted another.