Bookish Beauties Book Club discussion

An Ember in the Ashes > Final Chapter and over all thoughts!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Thomas (taarareads) | 15 comments Mod
Your thoughts on the last chapter and the book as a whole!

message 2: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey Jaeger | 2 comments This has been one of my favorite books, by far!!! I don't think there was one part of this book I didn't like. The characters were all amazing; there was just enough romance to keep it interesting, but not annoying; tons of action; some sick, sick events and choices. I think Tahir did such a great job with this book.

It's definitely a book I will read over and over again.

message 3: by Biblio-Athena (new)

Biblio-Athena (athraja) | 1 comments LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! One of my favorite ever read books of all time! Definitely! I loved all the characters. Laia had a lot of character development, Elias is babe, and Helene is so badass I love it. I'm glad the focus was not too much on romance which was what I thought when I read the synopsis. It really took care to bring about the character's personal journeys and their dependence on self rather than others.

Some of the action was brutal and super extreme. I felt squeamish and had to pull back once in a while. But all that brutality captures the essence of the book. I loved this book. Thank goodness Tahir decided against this being a standalone because if it had been then OMG I would have died. So many unanswered questions. Cannot wait for the sequel!