What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Man buries into sand and has sex with woman - collection of short stories maybe?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnn (new)

JoAnn | 83 comments Hello,
I remember a part of a book where the man put goggles on and vibrated into sand and had sex with a woman, this may be a collection of short stories. Does anyone recall what book this is from?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
vibrated into sand

Can you expand on this...with some tool? Or is that a sex act? How is it connected to the goggles? Where is the beach?

message 3: by JoAnn (new)

JoAnn | 83 comments I don't know what beach, but he would put goggles on so as not to get the sand in his eyes, then he would vibrate into the sand, so he would come under the woman and have sex. She liked the anonymity of having sex when no-one around her knew. I think at the end when she tried to find out more about the man, she was pulled into the sand and dies. This maybe from from a book of short stories.

message 4: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments The only thing that sounds remotely like this to me is The Woman in the Dunes. I haven't read it, but maybe?

And it was on this list, even though it takes place on a beach, so maybe your book is listed here: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

message 5: by David (new)

David (davidofterra) | 59 comments Tana wrote: "The only thing that sounds remotely like this to me is The Woman in the Dunes. I haven't read it, but maybe?

And it was on this list, even though it takes place on a beach, so maybe yo..."

Tana,
The Woman in the Dunes contains sand and sex but the plot is otherwise quite different. The book is mediocre but the movie is excellent.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Bumping since JoAnn posted recently.

message 7: by 0possum (new)

0possum | 71 comments It's probably not but Roald Dahl wrote quite a few very different short stories. He immediately came to mind when I read your description. You might check out his adult books. If I recall correctly most of his stories seem to involve odd sex or macabre death or both.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Author Roald Dahl - 0possum's suggestion

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16882 comments Still looking, JoAnn?

message 10: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 362 comments Good Vibrations by Richard Laymon? Collected in Dreadful Tales.

(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Woman in the Dunes (other topics)
Dreadful Tales (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Roald Dahl (other topics)