Trail-Mix Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Meet Your Moderators

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenius05) | 279 comments Mod
Hello Readers! I am Jen Winters, I am an author, book blogger, and most importantly, a reader of multiple genres. I enjoy romance of every sub-genre, suspense, fantasy, sci-fi, YA...well, you get the idea! I moderate the Romance thread,so if you know a book and love it, let me know! I have strict rules for my thread and the quality of works that go into it, but I am open to reading anything with a little bit of love and a little bit of steam...Ok, I will also read anything with a LOT bit of steam :D

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Vanderbloom (kvanderbloom) | 34 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! I'm Kimberly Vanderbloom. I am a stay at home mother, a wife and I work part time at nights. I love a good read. I have been reading for pleasure starting around middle school when I started to get grounded for being slightly naughty. My mom would send me to my room and take away everything except for my books. Needless to say I spent many summer days with my books. I just couldn't stop being naughty. I enjoy sci-fi, horror and my favorite dystopian. I read a ton of YA as well in most sub genres. I will be moderating the Sci-fi, Horror and Dystopian thread. I am opening to hearing new recommendations.

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Shanklin | 33 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! I'm Miranda. I am an author, work part time at a dance studio, work full time as a paralegal, married with two children. I have loved to read since I was a child, it is something that I have always shared with my mom. Paranormal is my favorite but I read and enjoy pretty much any genre. I moderate the paranormal/fantasy thread here in this group. While I have plenty of my own favorites I can show you I love to hear about new authors and books that you enjoy as well. I do require that I read the book before I will schedule it but I enjoy reading new authors so it works out well!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wren-Wilson | 282 comments Mod
I'm Jessica Wren. I'm a high school teacher, married, and a mother of one. I love suspense thrillers and I can't wait to share my favorites with you. Along with Jen, Kimberly, Ryan, and Miranda, I strive to bring you an enjoyable reading experience, and any book I feature will be high-quality and highly enjoyable. Once my TBR frees up a tad, I'll post the procedures for nominating books for mystery/Thriller and historical fiction. If there's anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know :).

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Guy | 47 comments Mod
Yo soy Ryan Guy. I'm a married father of a 2nd grader who loves to read too (I'm doing the happy dance for that). I do computer stuff in a gray-walled cubicle for my day job. I'm always on the lookout for great children's books to read with my son and I have a goal to read one YA book a week. I read and have read all YA genres. If you are looking for a YA book recommendation, just ask. I like to do giveaways, so be on the lookout for those.

message 6: by Lavern (last edited Sep 04, 2015 07:45PM) (new)

Lavern Winters (grandmapeachy) | 50 comments Mod
My name is Lavern Winters and I will be moderating for historical fiction. I began reading for pleasure as soon as I learned to read. The first book my mother ever bought me was a Curious George book when I was in second grade. By the time I was in fourth grade I was reading every mountain man biography I could get from my school library. By sixth grade I was reading H.G. Wells and Jules Verne. I read a lot of historical fiction novels from middle school until today. My all time favorite is 'Immortal Queen' by Elizabeth Byrd. The first novel, and maybe the only one, I've read more than once. I'm looking forward to moderating this genre for the BOM.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.