Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > alphabetize under 'L' please

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heli (new)

Heli | 36 comments I noticed that my book History of the First World War by the author B.H. Liddell Hart is alphabetized under H rather than L.

His surname is 'Liddell Hart' and his given names are 'Basil Henry' although his books seem to use only his initials B.H.

GR has many books by this author so you might want to check them all out.

In case you want to make sure I am right: http://www.kingscollections.org/catal...

Thank you

message 2: by Empress (last edited Aug 08, 2015 07:26AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Hi Heli, this is not an issue we can help with. There are rules that all librarians and user must follow when dealing with author names in order for the database to be maintained and the only possible way to deal with this would be to shorten his name.

See this bug that relates to your issue and feel free to bump it: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Heli (new)

Heli | 36 comments I just came across another one. W.G.G. Duncan Smith is under S rather than D. This is very strange. It needs more than a bump!

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13576 comments I also added my +1 (again). It was one of the first things I complained about when I became more active on GR this year.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6560 comments This is not a librarians issue.

message 6: by Heli (new)

Heli | 36 comments I understand that it would not be librarians issue. Who do we complain to then please?

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13576 comments In the Feedback group, which we have already done.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6560 comments Heli wrote: "I understand that it would not be librarians issue. Who do we complain to then please?"

As Lethe says, in the Feedback group. Ellie provided a link in Post #2 of this thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.