Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Lies About Truth
This topic is about The Lies About Truth
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Lies About Truth (ARC) by Courtney C. Stevens → Start Date: August 8th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments If you have an ARC of this book, join Gisbelle and I!

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I read a bit of this before going to bed yesterday and I believe I got to chapter 3 before stopping. Very interesting so far!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Nice! I still haven't read more yet. Still in chapter 2. I started Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz and now just finished, so I will read more later :)

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I wish I had liked that one more! I read it with Trisha and Vicki and gave it 2 stars... I might need to give it another shot.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I like the whole face your fear things. I've watched a few horror movies with similar plots.

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yeah, I like that too but for some reason, it didn't work for me. lol

I just got a Kindle for my birthday (last Sunday) so I've been reading lots of ebooks and I am loving it!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I see :) I read a lot of negative reviews, but decided to read it anyway after Vicki said she enjoyed book 2 so much.

Awesome! Happy belated birthday.

I have read more ebooks too these days.

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yes! I saw both Trisha and Vicki give book 2 five stars.

Thanks! I got the regular Kindle and it almost feels like I am reading a book. I always will love physical books more but ebooks are SO convenient, it's hard not to like them!

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Brewster | 8 comments Must read this one, but I must admit that e-books are absolutely amazing.especially for blind people like me who struggle to get braille books

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Danielle wrote: "Must read this one, but I must admit that e-books are absolutely amazing.especially for blind people like me who struggle to get braille books"

Yes, ereaders are very convenient.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Hey you two! I'm eavesdropping! LOL

Congrats on your Kindle! I know what you mean about ebooks vs. physical. After I got my NOOK I used it ALL the time but it became too costly because I couldn't resist buying books. Now that I use the library I've gotten to where I love the physical more; however, there are times and reasons to use my NOOK. For one thing, if I'm in a dark car or lighting. Secondly, when print is too small in the book. One thing I don't like is that I can't physically see how close I am to the end of the book.I can't SEE my progress, so each page feels like the first or the last. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Anyway I'm happy for you, Jacquee. Happy reading!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments So by chapter 2, I think this book (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Danielle wrote: "Must read this one, but I must admit that e-books are absolutely amazing.especially for blind people like me who struggle to get braille books"

Yes! I really like them. :)

message 14: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Vicki wrote: "Hey you two! I'm eavesdropping! LOL

Congrats on your Kindle! I know what you mean about ebooks vs. physical. After I got my NOOK I used it ALL the time but it became too costly because I couldn't ..."

All of that makes sense! I don't buy too many ebooks. I use my library's online ebook lending site. I can get library ebooks sent to my Kindle and I have them for 2 weeks. :) Thank you!

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "So by chapter 2, I think this book [spoilers removed]"

Yes, that's definitely a possibility.

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Brewster | 8 comments I understand that with a e-book there is a problem of not knowing when the book is finishing or starting however with the iBooks app I just check my table of contents and you can see which page you are on

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished chapter 10

Sadie (view spoiler)

Gray + Gina (view spoiler)

Max (view spoiler)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished chapter 20

Sadie (view spoiler)

Max (view spoiler)

The letters (view spoiler)

Big (view spoiler)