Dresden Files discussion

OT: opinions on another book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica, White Council (new)

Monica T. Rodriguez (monicatrodriguez) | 373 comments Mod
Hi everyone,
Sorry to stray so far off topic. But I'm looking for opinions on the book Wizard's First Rule, by Terry Goodkind. Has anyone read it? What were your impressions? I'm only 20 pages in and already not impressed. But if it gets better I'll push through this part. If not, I don't want to waste my time reading a mediocre book. My To Read list is too long, and if nothing else, I could be rereading DF!
Thanks so much!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Turkstra I have read every Terry Goodkind book in this series and enjoyed every one of them. Give it a chance.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments I didnt get into it, found it very slow and didnt hold my attention.

message 4: by Myst (new)

Myst | 46 comments They're all quite good until you get to the last 3 or so books. They feel like TG ran out of ideas.

message 5: by James (new)

James | 81 comments Agree. First 2 or 3 are quite good, but they all go downhill. Could not finish his last book. Perhaps you might not want to start a series that you cant finish but the books do stand up on their own fairly well.

message 6: by Monica, White Council (new)

Thanks, everyone. Seems evenly split. maybe I'll set it aside for another time

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 7 comments I think the beginning is the best part, from there it goes steadily downhill. Can't recommend it.

message 8: by Monica, White Council (new)

Thanks, Alex! You've confirmed my suspicions.