Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 118k approx. completed YA Supernatural/Paranormal novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hadiya (new)

Hadiya | 10 comments Summary:

The Beast- All Mils wants to do is gain complete control over her abilities so she can go home. But that gets put on the back burner when Levin Stygian enters her life. He forces her to do things she never would have otherwise, and causes his own complications. That's not all she has to deal with though, and soon she starts noticing some sinister things going on in the institution she's living in. All this is in her hands; the same ones covered in her mother's blood.
The Bird- Roger has his own demons to fight, demons that he blames his sister for bringing into his life. The night his mother was murdered he lost more than just a parent, but a sibling. And the longer he holds on to his resentment the more he loses. For five years he's content just to let his sister rot away in the institution that holds her. But when he finds out something that changes everything he thought he knew, he has to make a decision.
The Seer- Idris' powers haunt her waking hours. As far back as Idris can remember she has been able to know when someone is going to die through the touch of skin-to-skin contact. Every day she lives in fear of experiencing the agony and trauma that comes with using her abilities. That and living her whole childhood at the hands of abusive parents, in a neglectful household, makes it so that all she knows is pain. There is only one person who has ever been there for her, only one person who kept her from falling off the edge, and even she's gone now.
The Twin- Vora is here because she has something they need, but Iris is here so she won't put up a fight. Neither like what is being done to them.

All I'll like is to know if the story is enjoyable, if it flows well, and if my characters are three dimensional. I'm willing to read and give my feedback to WIP (Work In Progress) novels as well as completed ones of the same genre. I'll give the same type of critique that I'm asking for.

If you are interested you can Contact me at: hadiyahayes@gmail.com

message 2: by Merethe (new)

Merethe Walther (mlwalther) Hi Hadiya,

I would love to do a beta swap with you if you are available! I have a 113,500 word novel which has been completed and is currently in a polished second draft. It is of a different genre, but it's soft sci-fi, so while there is no magic or supernatural tones, it is not more character driven and contains no extreme technical sci-fi tones. I edit primarily supernatural and fantasy novels for work, so I am extremely comfortable working in your book's genre.
Please let me know if that's something you'd be interested in swapping for!

Thanks,
Merethe

message 3: by Hadiya (new)

Hadiya | 10 comments Merethe wrote: "Hi Hadiya,

I would love to do a beta swap with you if you are available! I have a 113,500 word novel which has been completed and is currently in a polished second draft. It is of a different genr..."

I'm still available to swap. I don't read much sci-fi, but I'm open to reading just about anything if in the right frame of mind. How would like to do this?