The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) The Last Ever After discussion

Spoliers!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc What did you think about this book? I especially liked Sophie's ending!

Gabby what happened to sophie???

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv Caks Sophie became the new Dean at the School for Evil

emma (thehapabookworm) I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

But being a Dean at the School for Evil was cool.

Naailah PleasureinaGoodNovel wrote: "I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

But being a Dean at the School for Evil was cool."

I'm glad she became the Dean and she broke free from the School Master

Book_Lover emma wrote: "I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

why being a couple????????
haven't you seen the agatha-tedros thing???

emma (thehapabookworm) @book_lover because they seemed more like a couple then Agatha and Tedros. I mean Agatha and Sophie even shared true loves kiss in book one. Agatha and Tedros felt forced to me.

Book_Lover emma wrote: "@book_lover because they seemed more like a couple then Agatha and Tedros. I mean Agatha and Sophie even shared true loves kiss in book one. Agatha and Tedros felt forced to me."

Okay this is your option and i respect it. But I think that Agatha and Tedros are better together

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I most definitely liked Agatha and Tedros' ending! It makes me wonder about their life in Camelot...

all good things must come to an end i didn't ship tagatha by the end of the series.....i wish sophie had died a panful death. i wish Aric didn't did (loved him soooooo much. And i figured out he was Lesso's son in the second one :) I was so proud of myself LOL) and i wish Lady Lesso didn't die, and SOOHIE DID NOT DESERVE HER PLACE and i was disappointed by this book. :(

Book_Lover Gabby wrote: "i didn't ship tagatha by the end of the series.....i wish sophie had died a panful death. i wish Aric didn't did (loved him soooooo much. And i figured out he was Lesso's son in the second one :) I..."

I am happy that you supported lesso
For the others ehm, okay I have nothing to comment...

Caramel 7-2521 Why was Lesso so secretive about her name? For a while I thought maybe her name is Vanessa and she's actually Sophie's mother. She even called her "my child". But then when we actually learn her name it has no relevance whatsoever.

Book_Lover Caramel 7-2521 wrote: "Why was Lesso so secretive about her name? For a while I thought maybe her name is Vanessa and she's actually Sophie's mother. She even called her "my child". But then when we actually learn her na..."

Oh! You make me wonder now...

Satsuma I loved Lesso too. So sad...
But I think Agatha and Tedros equals WRONG!

message 15: by Edna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edna Hu emma wrote: "I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

wait, so do you mean gay for Sophie and Agatha?

message 16: by Edna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edna Hu Gabby wrote: "i didn't ship tagatha by the end of the series.....i wish sophie had died a panful death. i wish Aric didn't did (loved him soooooo much. And i figured out he was Lesso's son in the second one :) I..."

How did you figure it out?

emma (thehapabookworm) Edna wrote: "emma wrote: "I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

But being a Dean at the School fo..."

Yes exactly. I though Sophie and Agatha were going to end up romantically involved.

message 18: by Edna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edna Hu emma wrote: "Edna wrote: "emma wrote: "I loved the book generally, but was really upset that *spoilers* Sophie and Agatha ended up being sisters and didn't end up as a couple in the end :(

But being a Dean at ..."

I'm a 12 years old and I can't believe i'm reading this kind of stuff! in the first book i thought this is weird but it's going to turn okay, both is going to find their true love (boys)

emma (thehapabookworm) @edna I'm not going to like argue with you about this or anything since you're 12 and I'm 20, but some girls like boys and some girls like girls and some girls like girls AND boys and some like neither.

Also this kind of makes me want to reread the books which would be fun.

message 20: by Edna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edna Hu emma wrote: "@edna I'm not going to like argue with you about this or anything since you're 12 and I'm 20, but some girls like boys and some girls like girls and some girls like girls AND boys and some like nei..."

wouldn't this be kind of inappropriate for kids since the book's for age 9-12?

message 21: by JFoxfire101 (new)

JFoxfire101 @Satsuma
I didn't read The Last Ever After yet, but I read the first two books- and am going to read the third one tomorrow- and I agree wholeheartedly with you.
I'm still 11 years old and have not read as many books as older people yet, but I think your opinion is agreeable, at least to me.
In the first book I was totally with Agatha/Tedros, however after I read the second one I started to believe that Agatha and Tedros was a terrible ending.
And I quote:
"I'm sorry, Sophie. Witches ruin fairy tales."
I can't believe Agatha even said that! And the Dean herself said that she falsely caused fake witch syptoms on Sophie. In the first book I liked Agatha better than Sophie, but after the second book I'm actually kind of glad that Sophie ended up with the school master, not Agatha. I really hope something will happen that will make Agatha feel extreme remorse towards all the things she'd done to Sophie, and the pain she'd caused. I hope Agatha gets better in the third book, but Tedros is... no. Just no.

message 22: by tilly (new)

tilly Edna wrote: "emma wrote: "@edna I'm not going to like argue with you about this or anything since you're 12 and I'm 20, but some girls like boys and some girls like girls and some girls like girls AND boys and ..."
1. Some kids aged 9-12 like the same gender romantically. I know people 9-12 that do.
2. Why is romance of the same gender inappropriate, while opposite gender romance isn't?
3. I'm not much older than you, and I was very disappointed that the author decided to go with the, rather contrived, Tedros and Agatha plotline, rather than Sophie and Agatha. They had a true love's kiss, for goodness sake. If one was male, the assumption would be romantic.
I used to enjoy these books, but now looking back over them, I've realized they are not exactly feminist, or diverse and inclusive, and have a lot of themes that are very problematic.
I'm not saying this to be rude, but you need to sort out why you feel the same sex romance idea is inappropriate, as the kind of ideas that attitude fosters are not ones of acceptance and tolerance.

message 23: by anna (new)

anna @tilly PREACH I was just about to write something similar. Like, I’ve known I was part of the LGBTQ+ community since I was 12.