Homeschoolers discussion

Novel Studies

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jereca74) | 1 comments Hi!
This is our first year doing Novel Studies. I wondered if any of you have good resources for Books for 3rd and 6th Grades? Thank you ! :)

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Spindler (rebeccawilliamsspindler) | 2 comments Hi Jen,
I'd like to recommend our family-friendly series of books for your 6th grader. My daughter was 11 yrs old when she wrote the first book in our "Tale of Two Sisters" series. Our books have been nominated for a Parents' Choice Award and the 3rd book received the Tofte/Wright Children's Literature Award. Look up "Sara Jane is Pain" on goodreads. Enjoy! ~ Rebecca

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Long (wunderlong88) | 5 comments Try Sonlight, Veritas Press, Beautiful Feet for book ideas.

message 4: by William (last edited Sep 25, 2015 06:09PM) (new)

William | 15 comments Hi, Jen—

I might have just the ticket for you. Let me recommend the "King of the Trees" Christian fantasy series, named after the first title, The King of the Trees. The series consists of seven titles (so far). They are listed below. Like the Chronicles of Narnia, these books are Biblically allegorical on many levels. They are available in softcover or as eBooks at: http://greencloaks.com/.

Each title features a glossary and pronunciation guide at the back for easier reading and/or reading aloud. (Some families have read the entire series aloud as an evening activity.) An optional 58-page Activity Book for homeschoolers is available on the series website (http://greencloaks.com/). This resource includes authentic plot-related recipes, crossword puzzles, a cloak pattern, and a study guide with key. The series appeals to pre-teens, teens and adults.

Here are the Goodreads pages for each title:

The King of the Trees
Torsils in Time
The Golden Wood
The Greenstones
The Downs
Kyleah's Mirrors
The Birthing Tree

I hope this information helps!