What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

790 views
Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Cover has older man and a boy

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Conny (new)

Conny (connyx) | 7 comments On the cover there is a man, an older man I think and a boy if im not mistaken.
There was also something with "Ma..." but I don't recall if it's the author or booktitle.

Sorry, I've know idea if it is an old vor new book.


message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments The Road by Cormac McCarthy ?


message 3: by Aneira (last edited Aug 07, 2015 12:25PM) (new)

Aneira Diant | 2 comments I think the author's firstname is mary. And the last name starts with a C...


message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Moved to Unsolved since you're looking for a specific book. Also please add details to your header which is too generic.


message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Aneira wrote: "I think the author's firstname is mary. And the last name starts with a C..."

You think this based on what?


message 6: by Aneira (new)


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)


message 8: by Railyn (new)

Railyn (funky-rat) | 244 comments The image on the cover is a famous photo from the 30's called Migrant Mother. It was shot by Dorothea Lange. The woman's name was Florence Owens Thompson. Maybe that will help.


message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Conny said her book had a man on it.


message 11: by Railyn (new)

Railyn (funky-rat) | 244 comments That's not a man. It's a woman. And it's the same cover as shown above. That's a famous photo from the depression.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/fts/...


message 12: by mj (new)

mj (valmj) Railyn wrote: "That's not a man. It's a woman. And it's the same cover as shown above. That's a famous photo from the depression.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/fts/..."


If you are referring to the picture that Aneira commented, then yes, you are correct. However, Lobstergirl was referred to the original poster who said that the book she's looking for has a man on the cover. We don't know yet if the book you seem to be referring to is even the right one.


message 13: by Railyn (new)

Railyn (funky-rat) | 244 comments I saw this in an e-mail digest, and not all comments were present. It appeared that the cover photo was the original post.


message 14: by mj (new)

mj (valmj) Railyn wrote: "I saw this in an e-mail digest, and not all comments were present. It appeared that the cover photo was the original post."

Oh, I see.


message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments So for the link, that's Mary Coin


message 16: by mj (new)

mj (valmj) Conny wrote: "On the cover there is a man, an older man I think and a boy if im not mistaken.
There was also something with "Ma..." but I don't recall if it's the author or booktitle.

Sorry, I've know idea if i..."


Do you know anything about else about the book, by any chance? Like, is it fiction? That may be helpful.


message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Conny, are you still looking for this or did you find it?


message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Conny, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.


back to top