Economics discussion

Good book on world economics suggestion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean | 2 comments Hi,

I'm very interested in learning more about world economics and how things work between countries in regards to business, trading, politics of economy ect. I was going to start reading "The world is flat" but the books seems out dated.

Any suggestions on a book that is more recent and has current and forecasting global views.

message 2: by Victor (new)

Victor | 1 comments I have in my to-read list the new China book by Henry Paulson. It might be geared more towards financial markets and investment, but I read his book on the financial crisis and I thought he (or the guy who helped him write the book) is a very good storyteller

message 3: by Xiaojie (new)

Xiaojie Johan (xiaojiejohanliu) | 1 comments A couple of books to consider for world economics:

1. James Rickards- Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis

2. Thomas Piketty - Capital in the Twenty First Century

3. Daron Acemoglu - Why Nations Fail

4. Ha-Joon Chang - Economics: The User's Guide

message 4: by John (new)

John | 15 comments Alternatively, you might consider blogs if you are looking for real time information. A lot of economics professors have started blogging. Even Ben Bernanke occasionally makes posts.

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean | 2 comments Thank you all!

message 6: by Joel (new)

Joel (joeldick) | 1 comments I would suggest Wealth, Poverty and Politics: An International Perspective by one of the great economic writers of our generation.

message 7: by Diego (new)

Diego | 1 comments I agree with Wealth Poverty and Politics, that was a great book. Also, Connectography by Parag Khanna. It's a very optimistic book. Also, one of my favorites is The Rise and Fall of Nations by Ruchir Sharma. Ruchir is the head of emerging markets and chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley Investment Mngt.