Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Parlow's Choice
This topic is about Parlow's Choice
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Please Delete File(s)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christopher Jack Nilssen (darkacrejack) | 4 comments Hello! I'm the author of this book, and I see that there is a download of the 1st edition attached to the older version of this book.

https://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/down...

Would you kindly delete this for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your time.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Librarians cannot delete uploaded excerpts, you should be able to do so from your author page or you need to contact agar support

Christopher Jack Nilssen (darkacrejack) | 4 comments Thank you Paula. I believe another librarian whose name I've forgotten uploaded the original (with my permission), so I don't see any options on my author page.

How do I contact agar support?

P.S. I notice you've deleted the link from my book description, so how do I insert a link to my shop? I only sell direct from my website. Thanks!

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments To contact Support
Contact Support

External links are not allowed in book descriptions.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
And sales links are not allowed anywhere on the book record.

Christopher Jack Nilssen (darkacrejack) | 4 comments Thanks again. It's interesting that there's all those other options for the "big" sellers and not one allowing a custom, self-published shop. Something for the suggestion box, I suppose. Cheers!

message 7: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments It's simply that the store links are user configured. If a reader were to add your site, and if your site supports searching by ISBN or title, they would have a button. Of course that wouldn't work on books and editions you don't sell. Just like the Amazon links don't work for your books if they don't carry them.

I'm not sure how GR could allow an exception and permit direct links without opening the floodgates for everyone, and that would be greatly unwelcome for most readers. Promotional material drowning out the actual data is a big and recurring problem around here.

You can however add links on your author profile page, and in blog posts, to help get word out.

Christopher Jack Nilssen (darkacrejack) | 4 comments Thanks Krazykiwi. It's a shame the business of promoting work is so gross and awkward, especially for indies such as myself who don't want to put our stuff on the big sites like Amazon.

At any rate, all of my concerns have been addressed by the great people here at GR so this thread can be closed. Cheers!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.