Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Betas for YA SciFi, Complete at 65K words

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Aug 22, 2015 08:40PM) (new)

Kristen Martin (authorkristenmartin) | 2 comments I am currently seeking beta readers for a young adult science fiction, complete at 66,000 words.

Premise:

It's the year 2055. In order to build a world-class society, an anarchist organization has induced a worldwide coma. All of mankind is unknowingly living in an alternate reality called Dormance . . . and there are no plans to wake them up.

Sixteen-year-old introvert Emery Parker is one such dormant. An academic scholar who avoids ruffling feathers at all costs, Emery finds herself transferring to a boarding school on the outskirts of Arizona. Little does she know, her family carries a secret that has the ability to free the world of its comatose state. When she's approached with an opportunity to do just that, she reluctantly accepts, seeing as failure could mean having her memory wiped clean.

But when tech-savvy Torin Porter reaches out to her from the other side, Emery begins to question everything she was told about Dormance. If her family's secret falls into the wrong hands, the world as she knows it will be faced with irreversible consequences. Now Emery must play both sides to uncover the truth about her family's past or risk leaving mankind to live in an unconscious reality.

If you are interested in being a beta reader for my work, please leave a comment below.

Thank you!

message 2: by Jaxxon (new)

Jaxxon D'Malamute | 15 comments Hi Kristen! I'd love to be a beta reader for this project. Are you looking for just plot/character consistency or do you also need someone to look for editing/grammar/spelling as well?

message 3: by Ty (new)

Ty Black (tyblack) | 8 comments Hi, Kristen. I may be willing to beta reading this project. Please contact me at ty.black @ tyblack.org if you're interested.

Ty

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey There,

Sounds like an interesting premise and I'm curious to learn more. I work with the StoneField Editing Group as an editor and reader and would love to see more! Send me an email at dylan@stonefieldediting.com or give me a call at 510-545-2972.

Thanks!

message 5: by Vivien (new)

Vivien Reis | 3 comments Hey Kristen! If you're still interested in beta readers, I'd love to help you out. My e-mail is vivien.l.reis(at)gmail.com

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 18 comments Hi Kristen, If you still need a beta you can contact me at taylor297@me.com

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Martin (authorkristenmartin) | 2 comments Jaxxon wrote: "Hi Kristen! I'd love to be a beta reader for this project. Are you looking for just plot/character consistency or do you also need someone to look for editing/grammar/spelling as well?"

Hi Jaxxon,
Thank you for volunteering! I'm looking for all of the above- plot/character consistency as well as editing/grammar/spelling. Is there an email address I can contact you at?