What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
This topic is about Cold Moon
Suggest books for me > Female Vigilantes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jool (jools4853) I am hooked on the series "The Huntress:FBI Thrillers" by Alexandra Sokolov. There are only 3 books in the series and alas I am on the last one.

I am looking for more books in this genre: Female Vigilantes hunting/preying on sex traffickers, pimps, johns, in other words the people who prey on women and children. It would be like a female serial killer, but killing people many feel "need to be killed". This has been a great series and I don't know that I've read anything else like it. I'd love any and all suggestions. Thanks!
Jool

message 2: by Ingo (last edited Aug 07, 2015 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingo (ilembcke) | 602 comments Female serial killer rang a bell for me.
So, this not a Vigilante, but rather good, the best female serial killer - ok, truth be told, the only one I read so far:
Chelsea Cain's "Gretchen & Sheridan"-Series, starting with
Heartsick (Gretchen Lowell, #1) by Chelsea Cain Heartsick.

Until now 6 books are published, and I looked through your lists, this should be right up your alley (and I am now following your reviews). Dark and gritty, with a very personal relationship between the detective and the killer.
Rumors are, that there are discussions to film it.
After Dexter and with Hannibal ending after this third season, there is a vacancy for serial killers on TV.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Destroyer Angel

This is the most recent one in a series; they all involve a female park ranger solving crimes, but in this one she becomes a vigilante tracking two (?) men who are holding hostage and torturing a small group of women/girls in remote woods.

You don't need to read all the previous books in the series in order to read this one, if you're just looking for a particular fix.

Jool (jools4853) Ingo thank you! I am excited about the Heartsick series you recommended - and appreciate so much your research on the type books that resonate with me.
Awesome!
Jool

Ingo wrote: "Female serial killer rang a bell for me.
So, this not a Vigilante, but rather good, the best female serial killer - ok, truth be told, the only one I read so far:
Chelsea Cain's "Gretchen & Sheri..."

Jool (jools4853) Thank you Lobstergirl! I'll look into this particular book. I have read many in the Nevada Barr series. This one sounds particularly good.
Jool

Lobstergirl wrote: "Destroyer Angel

This is the most recent one in a series; they all involve a female park ranger solving crimes, but in this one she becomes a vigilante tracking two (?) men who are ..."