Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

85 views
Free Talk > How long will it take to finish your TBR pile?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
I found this article and calculator on Book Riot. See how long it will take you to read your Goodreads TBR list. Mine calculated to be 9 years.

http://www.readitforward.com/tbr-time/


message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sgambler) | 5 comments I think I will share this with my Book Glub members. How fun!


message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie It did not factor in the purchasing of new books, and the library having new books (or at least ones that look good that are already on the shelves) If I just read the pile, and did not increase it, or get distracted by other books...it would not be what it said. It tells me I will get through it in 7 months. Well, there are books on my Kindle to be read that have been there at least 3 years. LOL


message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie It did not factor in the purchasing of new books, and the library having new books (or at least ones that look good that are already on the shelves) If I just read the pile, and did not increase it, or get distracted by other books...it would not be what it said. It tells me I will get through it in 7 months. Well, there are books on my Kindle to be read that have been there at least 3 years. LOL


message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
Valerie wrote: "It did not factor in the purchasing of new books, and the library having new books (or at least ones that look good that are already on the shelves) If I just read the pile, and did not increase it..."

I thought about that because I am constantly adding. My TBR list is longer than my read.


message 6: by Chantel (new)

Chantel (chantelowsley) | 26 comments Here is my result:
Reading all 1447 books will take:
11 years and 8 months

You will finish your TBR pile on:
April 2, 2027


message 7: by Bdmink (new)

Bdmink | 41 comments It'll take me 20 years to read my TBR list


message 8: by Bdmink (new)

Bdmink | 41 comments And I'm always adding more to it. I have books on my Nook and Kindle app that I didn't factor in.


message 9: by Bdmink (new)

Bdmink | 41 comments And I'm always adding more to it. I have books on my Nook and Kindle app that I didn't factor in.


message 10: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "I found this article and calculator on Book Riot. See how long it will take you to read your Goodreads TBR list. Mine calculated to be 9 years.

http://www.readitforward.com/tbr-time/"


Well now that you finished The Thirteenth Tale which was taking you sooooooo long it might have dropped to 8 years, right? ;)

(I challenged Amy to read The Thirteenth Tale! I *love* that novel.)


message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
Mariah wrote: "Amy wrote: "I found this article and calculator on Book Riot. See how long it will take you to read your Goodreads TBR list. Mine calculated to be 9 years.

http://www.readitforward.com/tbr-time/"..."


It was an entire two weeks of my listening time in the car gone!!!


message 12: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "It was an entire two weeks of my listening time in the car gone!!!"

Remember that time it took me *three months* to car-listen to The Stand???


message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
Mariah wrote: "Amy wrote: "It was an entire two weeks of my listening time in the car gone!!!"

Remember that time it took me *three months* to car-listen to The Stand???"


Yes, but I didn't challenge you to read that. That was your own doing.


message 14: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "Yes, but I didn't challenge you to read that. That was your own doing. "

Touché!!


message 15: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
Mariah wrote: "Amy wrote: "Yes, but I didn't challenge you to read that. That was your own doing. "

Touché!!"


Ps. I think YOU should challenge me to a book. You have been challenged to issue a challenge!


message 16: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloe36) | 21 comments 5 years and 2 months for 274 books


message 17: by Sally (new)

Sally I think forever, but I'll have to use that book calculator!


back to top