Transgressive Fiction discussion

The Rebel's Sketchbook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rupert (last edited Aug 07, 2015 05:51AM) (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments I don't know why I didn't think to do this before now...

At this moment in time 1 copy of The Rebel's Sketchbook is up for grabs. You can find details here.

The blurb is as follows:

"Maniac world leaders; talentless boybands; Westminster politicians; social media idiots; zero-hour contracts. Rupert's first collection of short stories uses transgressive fiction, black comedy and satire as a weapon for shooting down all of these and more. Keeping the spirit of rebellion alive, The Rebel's Sketchbook is set to become one of the most controversial releases in a generation."

Members of this group will no doubt appreciate this. So feel free to enter the give away, get it added, get it read, get it reviewed, get in touch.

And feel free to talk about any of the content here...

Thanks!

message 2: by M.F. (new)

M.F. Sullivan (mfsullivan) | 6 comments In order to enter I had to add my age to my profile. Horrific. Hope I get it but if not I'll certainly have to see about buying it here. I'm glad this group is here to help me find interesting new transgressive fiction authors.

message 3: by Rupert (last edited Aug 07, 2015 11:37AM) (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments Oh, sorry about that! I decided to put an 18+ age restriction on it because I didn't want to face a situation where outraged parents crucify me because their kids ended up with a copy. Some of it is a bit fucked up and, here in the UK, the ghost of Mary Whitehouse still haunts us.

message 4: by M.F. (new)

M.F. Sullivan (mfsullivan) | 6 comments Ah, feh, I read Lolita at 14 and American Psycho at 17, the kids'll be fine. I turned out o-- oh.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 245 comments M.F. wrote: "Ah, feh, I read Lolita at 14 and American Psycho at 17, the kids'll be fine. I turned out o-- oh."

hahaha

message 6: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments Jason wrote: "M.F. wrote: "Ah, feh, I read Lolita at 14 and American Psycho at 17, the kids'll be fine. I turned out o-- oh."

hahaha"

I second that!

message 7: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments *bump*

Last weekend for the give away. If you're a member of this forum and haven't already, you may as well enter it. I'd rather it go to someone who's in to this sort of story and you are its audience.

Inabit.

message 8: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments This forum is flatter than a witch's tittie.

So anyway... I thought I'd carry on milking my recent success of getting some media exposure for my book. You can read it here:

http://www.popmatters.com/review/the-...

Let me know what you think... or let this thread disappear into the cyber dustbin. Your call ;-)