Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Portia (Angelbound Offspring #2)
This topic is about Portia
Book Cover Help > EDIT REQUEST

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina Bauer (christina_bauer) | 199 comments Hello,

I asked the Goodreads Contact alias for some help and things didn't turn out as planned.... I'm wondering if you folks can help me? I need to make what's now the default cover for Angelbound Origins #1 into the default cover for Angelbound Offspring Portia #1. I think all the "o" words got little confusing. Not sure what that says about my naming structure :-)

Can anyone help out?

Thanks so much!

CB

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Taking a look, It looks a little messy.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Yanes (lizilena) | 265 comments Christina wrote: "Hello,

I asked the Goodreads Contact alias for some help and things didn't turn out as planned.... I'm wondering if you folks can help me? I need to make what's now the default cover for Angelboun..."

Could you post the links so I can help you?

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Bauer (christina_bauer) | 199 comments It looks like it's halfway there! The cover from here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Should be the only cover shown. The book hasn't launched yet. Is that do-able?

message 5: by Philip (last edited Aug 07, 2015 11:12AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments How does it all look now?

Looks like sombody combined an edition of portia, with the origins book #1.

Cleaned up a few other things also.

As a librarian we cannot set the default edition of a book, but you can.

Here is how to set your Default Edition.
Set Default Edition

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Bauer (christina_bauer) | 199 comments Closer! But now they are the same cover :-) The correct one should be Book 2 of the Anglebound Offspring Series, not book 5 of the Angelbound Series! Book Two Cover graphic can be found here:

http://inkmonster.net/books/angelboun...

Sorry this is so confusing!

message 7: by Philip (last edited Aug 07, 2015 12:11PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #6 - Before fixing that, were there any physical or digital editions of the book given out where it stated book 5 on the cover like the current cover does, even if it was just for beta reading or as an Advanced Reader Copy?

Also was Book #1, originally book #4 in the Angelbound series?

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina Bauer (christina_bauer) | 199 comments There are no editions out there for Portia yet... I haven't finished writing it! It was launched before as a cover reveal. I don't mind having two versions out there. The cover type is so small, I don't think anyone really reads it anyway :-)

And yes, Maxon was originally published as Angelbound Maxon #4 before it was renamed Maxon, Angelbound Offspring #1. I switched to talking about the kids of the romance couple the first 3 books and people got confused, so I broke them up into two series.

Thanks SO MUCH for your help! Let me know if you need any more information before updating one of the Portia covers to read Offspring #2!

Thanks again,

Christina

message 9: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done. Since they were not released they have been changed.

I was required by policy to change the Series name in the title field back to just Angelbound though, since that is what they were released as.

If you have new covers/editions for those books that have the new series name they can be added, and then you can set them as the default that is seen when viewing your page.

On the book page it will show the new Series name though.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina Bauer (christina_bauer) | 199 comments Perfect! Thank you so much!