the Belle Cult discussion

What book to read? > First book?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) What book should we start with?
On the top of my TBR right now, I have

the Assassin's Blade
A Court of Thorns and Roses
Shadow of Smoke and Bone
A Kiss of Deception
I also want to reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone

Comment which book you would like to read (if it was one of the books above it would be nice because I wouldn't have to buy it!! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to comment them below!!

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thesparklywriter) | 14 comments oooh I'd like to read all of those, but as timing has it this evening I'm going away for 3 weeks, so I'm probably not going to able to read any for a while! I also don't know what the wifi situation is like atm( but this book groupbis a smashing idea ! :) )

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Lydia wrote: "oooh I'd like to read all of those, but as timing has it this evening I'm going away for 3 weeks, so I'm probably not going to able to read any for a while! I also don't know what the wifi situati..."

That's totally fine!! You can read as much as you can, I guess, and we will choose the new book after you get back

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) I mean, we will try and choose a book for this month in the next few days, but we will hold off for the September book until you return, if that makes sense

message 5: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments I don't have any of those books unfortunately:( my personal plan was to actually read All The Bright Places or Will Grayson, Will Grayson but I have others in my TBR pile if y'all wanna know the rest :)

message 6: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Sian wrote: "I don't have any of those books unfortunately:( my personal plan was to actually read All The Bright Places or Will Grayson, Will Grayson but I have others in my TBR pile if y'all wanna know the re..."

I have both of those books on my TBR as well!!

message 7: by Ash (new)

Ash (phantasmalcaricature) | 42 comments Mod
I'm fine with anything! I've been waiting to read A Court of Thorns and Roses though, so that might be a thing, haha.

message 8: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Ash wrote: "I'm fine with anything! I've been waiting to read A Court of Thorns and Roses though, so that might be a thing, haha."

Oh my god, so have I!! (I've been waiting for a chance to read a lot of books tbh)

message 9: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments I also have Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The Beast Within, The Best Of Me, The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris and The Beast Within :)

message 10: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments Just realised I listed The Beast Within twice oops :')

message 11: by Ash (new)

Is it a good idea to list books on each of our TBR lists and which ones we have? I'm fine with anything as long as my library has it. Does anyone else live near a public library / are okay with checking out books instead of buying them? [I'm going to be moving soon {soon as in HALF A YEAR AT LEAST because my parents are indecisive on where we should move to and there's a looooot of stuff we probably should get rid of} so to me, buying books isn't really an option and that's why I use my library. And no, I didn't even need to say this.]

Just asking!

message 12: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Ash wrote: "Is it a good idea to list books on each of our TBR lists and which ones we have? I'm fine with anything as long as my library has it. Does anyone else live near a public library / are okay with che..."

It would literally take all night for me to list all the books I have in my TBR pile right now (like on my bookshelf) because there's so many, but I do really wanna get to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!! and I know that Philippa has already read All the Bright Places, but I still wanna read it, so we shouldn't take it off the table

message 13: by Ash (new)

Let's ask Philippa when she comes back, then. Oh yeah, I had Miss Peregrine's Home for Perculiar Children recommended to me multiple times by a handful of people. All The Bright Places I've heard of too - I'd be cool with reading it! :3

message 14: by Ash (new)

Let's ask Philippa when she comes back, then. Oh yeah, I had Miss Peregrine's Home for Perculiar Children recommended to me multiple times by a handful of people. All The Bright Places I've heard of too - I'd be cool with reading it! :3

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) I think we can officially start when Philippa returns since she has the official Belle Cult tumblr set up and the email. It'll be easier to have our 3rd creator around!! But as of right now, I'm thinking all the bright places or miss peregrines home for peculiar children...?

message 16: by Ash (new)

Yeah! That's what I think too! I also looked at the two books again and to me I'd pick All The Bright Places, but Philippa read it already?

message 17: by Ash (new)

Yeah! That's what I think too! I also looked at the two books again and to me I'd pick All The Bright Places, but Philippa read it already?

message 18: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Yep!! However, I'm a little hesitant to read All the Bright Places because I started reading it, and it was really really good, however, I had to set it down because it made me sad. But on the other hand, I'll have someone to talk about it with, so I'm chill with either of those books, I just want everyone to know that before we officially decided!!

message 19: by Ash (new)

Don't worry; I'm probably going to cry the most. Has everyone that asked to be in the cult joined this Goodreads group yet?

message 20: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) I'm not sure... we will check once more, I posted a sign up on tumblr- so make sure you go fill it out if you haven't!! (excluding Ash, me, and Philippa because we made the group!!) It's just to keep track of who's in the group!! At this moment, I'm thinking Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... What do the rest of you think?

message 21: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Sophia wrote: "I'm not sure... we will check once more, I posted a sign up on tumblr- so make sure you go fill it out if you haven't!! (excluding Ash, me, and Philippa because we made the group!!) It's just to ke..."

I'm mostly thinking Miss Peregrine's because so far, it doesn't seem like anyone's read it, and it's a popular book, so it's most likely in the library for those of you that don't/can't have a copy!!

message 22: by Ash (new)

Okay! I'll go check it out and reblog it.

message 23: by Philippa (last edited Aug 08, 2015 01:57PM) (new)

Philippa Ash wrote: "Yeah! That's what I think too! I also looked at the two books again and to me I'd pick All The Bright Places, but Philippa read it already?"

I have already read it, but it was months ago and I've been thinking of rereading it anyway so I have no objections to it being this month's book if that's the decision people come to

message 24: by Ash (new)

I'm fine with either! Welcome back, too!

message 25: by Philippa (last edited Aug 08, 2015 02:03PM) (new)

Philippa Sophia wrote: "At this moment, I'm thinking Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... What do the rest of you think?"

Sounds good to me! I probably won't be able to get my hands on a copy until I'm back in England but I read pretty quickly so I'll be able to catch up ;)
(This goes for whichever book we pick)

message 26: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Ash wrote: "I'm fine with either! Welcome back, too!"

Haha thanks! It's nice to have internet access again

message 27: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Should we vote on it?

message 28: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments For some reason I wasn't getting notifications about the group so I missed all this but I have both those books so yay! I personally would prefer to read All The Bright Places. Just get all the crying out of the way :) there's no better way to cement friendships than thru collective sadness I guess

message 29: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments For some reason I wasn't getting notifications about the group so I missed all this but I have both those books so yay! I personally would prefer to read All The Bright Places. Just get all the crying out of the way :) there's no better way to cement friendships than thru collective sadness I guess

message 30: by Philippa (last edited Aug 09, 2015 09:22AM) (new)

Philippa Sian wrote: "there's no better way to cement friendships than thru collective sadness I guess "

Cementing friendships through sadness...I like that idea