Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Cozy mysteries with food-what are your suggestion? Ever try the recipes?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (basiamouse) | 7 comments Hi all! Looking for cozy mystery that has food and recipes and I'm asking the best group around for some help.

message 2: by Nancy (last edited Aug 07, 2015 07:46AM) (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 154 comments You don't have to buy the book, but look up "Cozy Food" on Amazon and flip it to the back cover. 128 cozy mystery writers contributed to the book and their names are listed on the back. Recipes are related (and often come from their books) to their writing. You'll have a list to keep you reading for some time.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (basiamouse) | 7 comments Great Nancy so very much!!!!

message 4: by Tina (last edited Aug 08, 2015 02:00PM) (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 236 comments I liked the Diane Mott Davidson Davidson culinary series probably the best. Then again it was my first of the foodie mysteries so there may be more that surpassed Goldie Bear (protag in this series).

Also, Cleo Coyle which is food related but more of the coffee variety.

Anyway, they are worth looking at. Enjoy. ;-)

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (resort) | 138 comments Nancy wrote: "You don't have to buy the book, but look up "Cozy Food" on Amazon and flip it to the back cover. 128 cozy mystery writers contributed to the book and their names are listed on the back. Recipes are..."

As one of the authors with a recipe in "Cozy Food" I can guarantee you'll find scads of recipes to love. Mine is the Summer Squash Refrigerator Pickles, easy, tasty, and perfect for making right now with all the fresh, summer veggies available.

Mary Ellen Hughes (The Pickled Piper) The Pickled Piper (Pickled & Preserved, #1) by Mary Ellen Hughes

Sheryl Booth of Booth Talks Books | 3 comments I just made a batch of chocolate peppermint patties inspired by Mary Kennedy's book from the Oldies but Goodies shop! She posted the recipe in her newsletter. Yum!!!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I copied some of the recipes from books onto recipe cards to keep in a recipe box. I have never tried them yet but I'm curious.

message 8: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) I've tried a few of the recipes from Joanne Fluke's Cookie Jar mysteries but mist are just ok and none have taken the place of my favorites.

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Tate | 18 comments The Tea Shop mysteries by Laura Childs have recipes.

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen Page (bulkarn) | 3 comments Hi, I can recommend AJ Carton's books set in Sonoma for fabulous Italian recipes and exquisite food writing set in with her entertaining mysteries. Here's the first one, A Saucy Murder: http://a.co/3Xsc1Yi. They get better and better with each book. I believe her grandmother had a restaurant that catered to the San Francisco Opera and the recipes are hers. So very authentic.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Betz (sebetz) | 1 comments I LOVE the cookies from the Hannah Swenson series by Joanne Fluke! I make a lot of them for Christmas each year.

message 12: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39725 comments Sarah wrote: "I LOVE the cookies from the Hannah Swenson series by Joanne Fluke! I make a lot of them for Christmas each year."

I can't wait till I move into my new house next year where I will have room to cook. My kitchen here is so small I just do the basics. I've saved recipes that I want to try out. My husband sends some too.

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (basiamouse) | 7 comments Thanks Helen-I love Italin food and mysteries!!! On ward to reading and cooking!!

message 14: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Bridge (kathleenbridge) | 1 comments Can I plug my own Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery series from Berkley prime crime - Better Homes and Corpses and Hearse and Gardens have recipes at the back of the book and my third book coming in May Ghostal Living will also. Kathleen Bridge

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39725 comments Kathleen wrote: "Can I plug my own Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery series from Berkley prime crime - Better Homes and Corpses and Hearse and Gardens have recipes at the back of the book and my third book coming in..."

I have your series on my to be read list for next year. I love the titles!

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky | 228 comments Kathleen wrote: "Can I plug my own Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery series from Berkley prime crime - Better Homes and Corpses and Hearse and Gardens have recipes at the back of the book and my third book coming in..."

I borrowed your first book from the library because the title caught my eye! I wrote down the recipes to try later. they sound great!

message 17: by Becky (new)

Becky | 228 comments Joy wrote: "I've tried a few of the recipes from Joanne Fluke's Cookie Jar mysteries but mist are just ok and none have taken the place of my favorites."

Just made her quiche lorraine recipe in Candy Cane Murder & it was awful! my son loved it but he's a 12yr old garbage disposal lol

message 18: by Becky (new)

Becky | 228 comments The recipes that i have tried & loved have been Hawaiian Pot roast from the Hannah swensen series. Cappacinno royale cookies also from the hannah swensen series & the peanut butter brownies from bailey cates series. I'm planning on trying at least one a week in 2017 from cozies. i have copied so many!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I tried some recipes from the coffeehouse mystery series - very good

I tried Espresso brownies and the Coca Cola Cake

On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle