A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen #1) A Fashionable Indulgence discussion

Buddyread - Start 14th Aug. - Sofia, Bev, Andrea and Ingela

Comments Showing 1-50 of 209 (209 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Ingie (last edited Aug 06, 2015 09:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie BUDDYREAD with Sofia, Bev and Andrea the weekend August 14-16.

description

« In the first novel of an explosive new series from K.J. Charles, a young gentleman and his elegant mentor fight for love in a world of wealth, power, and manipulation. » ~ Meet Harry Vane and Julius Norreys...

Sofia thanks Ingela - really looking forward to this :D

Ingie Sofia wrote: "thanks Ingela - really looking forward to this :D"

Awwww! What a cutie wink. Thanks Sofia!

Me too. I ALWAYS like (love) her characters, the intense heat and often very speedy exiting stories. This must be a good one too. Right? ~ Time for a new historical M/M as well.

This weekend will be filled with stuff to do before my sisters big 50 years party tomorrow evening. Still 8 white tablecloths to iron. But first is it a visit to the hairdresser and my nails, and some very late shopping to fix. - I'd to take a free day already my first working week. A bit embarrassing. :)

See you!

PS) At last warm and sunny summer weather up here when there isn't any time for beach days. Typical!!!! :)))))

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Hehe, it's always the way Inge.

Hi Sofia, can't wait to get started on this one. I've already put it on my favourite series shelf, and I don't think I'm bring too premature :D

message 6: by Sofia (last edited Aug 07, 2015 03:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofia I feel like a historical (as in a UK one) myself :D I've been looking forward to this so fingers crossed.

Hope your new place is ok/better and you got more time to yourself .

I'm going to miss the sea when summer is over because with all this heat I'm really enjoying going to the seaside and relaxing there.

and happy ironing, better you then me :D

Sofia Hi Bev - I see you are having fun with the gifs. Hope you are having a nice summer?

No you are not being premature - if it's like the Ash & Francis's short than we are in for a winner.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I did actually contact Samhain about getting audio books done of KJ's stories. Their response was that no one had made any offers for them yet, but they were keeping an eye on things. Are they nuts?? I can only assume they haven't tried the right people...surely Audible would jump at the chance?? I know I would....

message 10: by Ingie (last edited Aug 08, 2015 12:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie A Seditious Affair (A Society of Gentlemen, #2) by K.J. Charles Have you seen it will be a second series part already before Christmas (15/12). Yay!!!!

description

Ingie Bev wrote: "I did actually contact Samhain about getting audio books done of KJ's stories. Their response was that no one had made any offers for them yet, but they were keeping an eye on things. Are they nu..."

I would too. :)

Ingie Love all your nice pics.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "A Seditious Affair (A Society of Gentlemen, #2) by K.J. Charles Have you seen it will be a second series part already before Christmas (15/12). Yay!!!!

"

Here is the first bit, very very moreish :D
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1387645...

Ingie I couldn't open that link.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "I couldn't open that link." probably I can open because I'm in the group. I copied it for you.

(view spoiler)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Why haven't I had notifications for these posts?? And the second book comes out just in time for my birthday?? Yay!!

I'll give KJ that...she writes some really HOT sex scenes, phew!! May be I need to add this book to my Doms in charge bookshelf eh?? I'd love ALL of her stuff on audio....

I love your dancing turtle Inge...;)

Sofia the Heavens are working towards a good birthday for you Bev :D

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Ok im not reading the excerpt, i wanna be surprised!!

In other news, KJ has the most books sitting on my pre-ordered shelf lol

Looking forward to this!!!

Sofia you are made of sterner stuff than me Andrea :D

message 20: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Aug 08, 2015 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "the Heavens are working towards a good birthday for you Bev :D"

They certainly are Sofia. :D

Just pre-ordered books 2 & 3...didn't expect them to be up so far ahead.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Hope the Birthday party went well Inge!! :D

Ingie Bev wrote: "Hope the Birthday party went well Inge!! :D"

It was a fantastic party. We all (60 persons) eat amazing good food, danced and there were many fine speeches and funny songs for my sister. A evening to remember.

Still a bit "the day after".

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ You mean you've got a hangover ;) **snort** Sounds as though you all had a great time!! :D

message 24: by Ingie (last edited Aug 09, 2015 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie description

...but it was worth it, haha. :)

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Bev wrote: "Hope the Birthday party went well Inge!! :D"

It was a fantastic party. We all (60 persons) eat amazing good food, danced and there were many fine speeches and funny songs for my siste..."

Not like this i hope Inge :)

message 26: by Ingie (last edited Aug 09, 2015 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie LoL!! No, thanksgod not that bad. ~ I'm not much of a drinker but a late night, more dancing than my body are used to and a couple of wine glass and I'm exhausted. My old party girl strength is lost years ago. :))))

I hope you all had a great weekend. (((hugs)))

Sofia We had a freak storm yesterday so it's easier to breathe now :)

Ingie Sofia wrote: "We had a freak storm yesterday so it's easier to breathe now :)"

Good for you Sofia. It can be great with those summer rains sometimes. :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "We had a freak storm yesterday so it's easier to breathe now :)

"

I'm always relieved when it rains after a really hot humid spell...can't stand hot, sticky weather, love dry heat, but hate the sticky stuff.

Not looked at any of the reviews for this yet, but I know Trish and Dani loved it...it was Trish's first Netgalley ARC. I haven't got time for those at the mo...;)

Sofia I'm keeping back from the reviews as well, better for me :)

Ingie In my Kindle. — So tempted to start...

message 32: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Aug 11, 2015 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Yep, it arrived on mine this morning along with Lonely Hearts (Love Lessons, #3) by Heidi Cullinan ...I really need to get a move on with that series, as I've only read a little bit of the first story. ;)

Sofia Ingela wrote: "In my Kindle. — So tempted to start..."

temptress - I'm trying not to think about it :P

Ingie Bev wrote: "Yep, it arrived on mine this morning along with Lonely Hearts (Love Lessons, #3) by Heidi Cullinan...I really need to get a move on with that series, as I've only read a little bit of the first story. ;)"

Good luck, Bev! — Haven't read any of them. :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I've got loads of stuff I need to get to...but haven't had much time to read this week cos of beta reading for KC Wells.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I'm taking details of this thread off my book posting...it only involves us, so no-one else needs to see. :D

message 38: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Aug 12, 2015 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ladies...when are we starting this read?? Friday evening or Saturday morning?? And don't forget...I'm away from tomorrow until Sunday, but we've got WiFi and I'll be checking in.

Sofia I was planning Friday - I've been a good girl and stayed back from it :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Hehe, me too Sofia although it's been SO tempting!! I can do Friday...

Ingie Me too. — I start on Friday after work and I'm sure it will be some (alone and quiet) time for reading this weekend. No parties, relatives or vacation trips. Just me and my books. It shall be so very good. :)

Ingie Bev wrote: "I'm taking details of this thread off my book posting...it only involves us, so no-one else needs to see. :D"

What do you mean Bev?

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "Bev wrote: "I'm taking details of this thread off my book posting...it only involves us, so no-one else needs to see. :D"

What do you mean Bev?"

Anyone can look in on our posts..in fact 11 people have done, whoever they are. ;)

Ingie Okay, I delete my link then. :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I think it's cos I'm used to us doing things in the group where no-one else can look in...makes me a bit wary of other people dropping in and making comments. ;)

Sofia Whatever makes you comfortable Bev, the better. I did invite Maya to join us as she is reading at the same time. More love :)

Therese Heh, I'm one of the secret stalkers on your BR:-). Sorry girls, just curious..

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "Whatever makes you comfortable Bev, the better. I did invite Maya to join us as she is reading at the same time. More love :)"

People I know are fine, that's perfectly OK...it's when you get complete strangers making comments, which I have had before hehe. Maya and Therese are very welcome....:D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Therese wrote: "Heh, I'm one of the secret stalkers on your BR:-). Sorry girls, just curious.."

See post above Therese, you secret stalker you!! ;)

Therese Bev wrote: "Therese wrote: "Heh, I'm one of the secret stalkers on your BR:-). Sorry girls, just curious.."

See post above Therese, you secret stalker you!! ;)"

Excellent, I shall continue to observe from a distance;-)

description

« previous 1 3 4 5