What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult/Adult Fantasy [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selena (new)

Selena | 2 comments I read this book about 15 years or so ago, mid 90s I think. I remember the cover had a young woman in a medieval looking dress with a cloak on, the background was a landscape that was gray and looked like there had been a fire or something of the sort. I remember that she had a master and that he was involved in politics and that the society was "medieval" in nature but had some sciences or magic. She ended getting involved with something and I think her master died. She ended up having to flee to the north and the area she was in was in winter. I think she may have had some special ability and that was why she drew her masters attention. For some reason I keep thinking that coal or that world's equivalent was very important. That may be wrong though.

Thank you for anyone that can help me with this one, I have been searching for a long while now for this and just can't figure it out.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriekemp) | 273 comments This is a long shot based solely on the cover description, but Jackaroo?

message 3: by Isabel (kittiwake) (last edited Aug 07, 2015 07:09AM) (new)

Isabel (kittiwake) | 112 comments Maybe Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan? I've never read it myself but it has been identified here before and your description rang a bell.

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena | 2 comments Thank you Isabel!!! I just looked it up and that's exactly it!!!

message 5: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments Valerie -- I know Selena's found her book now, but my first thought was also a Voigt book: On Fortune's Wheel. Fun coincidence :)

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Shelved. This is a popular book - there are seven "solved" requests for this YA/adult fantasy novel.