Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Writing and Self-Promotion > Inkshares Contest? (Pitch Your Vaginal Fantasy Novel)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Aug 06, 2015 07:27PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
On the latest episode of The Sword and Laser Podcast (@ 16:00) Veronica revealed (leaked?) that Vaginal Fantasy might be considering doing a novel writing contest later this year similar to the Inkshares Collecion that S&L sponsered this past spring. (Inkshares is a sort of hybrid between a crowdsourcing site and a publisher. You post your project and if you get enough pre-orders, they will edit, design, print, distribute, and market your book. How It Works.)

I personally would be very excited to see that happen, as I’m currently about 25,000 words into my first full VF novel (complete with gratuitous sexy times). Regardless of whether this project goes ahead or not, I thought it might be fun to play a round of "Pitch Your Vaginal Fantasy Novel". In one hundred words or less, give us the non-spoilery synopsis of the VF novel you're writing or would like to write. Here’s my untitled paranormal romance:

Lucy is a zookeeper who discovers that the animals she's been caring for are more than they seem. When a lion suddenly transforms into a man right before her eyes, she is catapulted into a world where ancient spirits battle for control of her future and demons haunt her steps. Now she must pick a side before time runs out and her soul is lost forever. To make matters worse, her choice may decide the fates of two worlds as the balance of power tips and humanity itself is threatened with extinction.

Okay, you don’t have to do the pitch, but what do you think about a novel writing contest? I’m sure a lot of people have a NaNoWriMo monster tucked in a drawer somewhere.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
If anyone is interested, Nerdist is running a similar contest to the one Sword and Laser did this spring.(via email)

Today we are thrilled to announce our partnership with Nerdist to bring forth amazing, undiscovered sci-fi and fantasy books! As a reader and backer of Inkshares books, you can make a huge impact on discovering the next breakout sci-fi or fantasy novel.

Nerdist, the wildly popular website, YouTube Channel, and podcast network founded by comedian and television personality Chris Hardwick is actively looking for the next great science fiction or fantasy writer from the Nerdist and Inkshares communities — and is doing so by launching a collection and contest on Inkshares. This collection will include books published under the Nerdist
name and targeted at the Nerdist audience.

The top five science fiction and fantasy projects on Inkshares, as determined by unique reader pre-order counts by September 30th, 2015 will be published, even if they haven’t hit their pre-order goal. All five winners will have their book published and distributed into independent bookstores, Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble. Of those five, Nerdist will select one to be in their collection. This title will receive promotion from Nerdist, Nerdist branding, an exclusive excerpt feature on Nerdist.com, and opportunities to develop their work into other media such as movies, TV series, and digital productions.

To help bring forth the next best sci-fi and fantasy titles, we encourage you to spread the word about this collection and contest to any writer or reader of sci-fi and fantasy!

You can also support writers on Inkshares by simply following authors’ projects, engaging with their writing with comments and feedback, and pre-ordering the projects you love. In the end, this contest wouldn’t be possible without you, and we’re so excited to see the amazing projects that emerge through this contest.

If you have questions or comments, please reach out to us at hello@inkshares.com.

Cheers,

The Inkshares Team