YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

A Million Miles Away
This topic is about A Million Miles Away
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery - Starting 17th August 2015

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Perfect for fans of Nicholas Sparks, this breathtaking story of love and loss is guaranteed to break your heart and sweep you off your feet.

When high school senior Kelsey's identical twin sister, Michelle, dies in a car crash, Kelsey is left without her other half. The only person who doesn't know about the tragedy is Michelle's boyfriend, Peter, recently deployed to Afghanistan. But when Kelsey finally connects with Peter online, she can't bear to tell him the truth. Active duty has taken its toll, and Peter, thinking that Kelsey is Michelle, says that seeing her is the one thing keeping him alive. Caught up in the moment, Kelsey has no choice: She lets Peter believe that she is her sister.

As Kelsey keeps up the act, she crosses the line from pretend to real. Soon, Kelsey can't deny that she's falling, hard, for the one boy she shouldn't want.

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Tati and I will be reading this if anyone wants to join us!

Tati | 10171 comments thanks, Rachel!

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I've read the first chapter so far, sorry I'm behind! Will be reading more today :)

Tati | 10171 comments Yeah, I'm terribly behind as well, a mammoth of a book messed up my schedule, but I should be starting this today

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Oh no I've had some books like that, they can really set you back! What book was it? :)

Tati | 10171 comments It was The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Ahh I've been meaning to read that series but it intimidates me haha! I'm always scared when it comes to big books!

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Ahh I've been meaning to read that series but it intimidates me haha! I'm always scared when it comes to big books!

message 10: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I'm not scared of big books, but this one is taking me longer than expected to finish

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I'm getting better, I'm tackling A Clash of Kings and Outlander at the moment, both are big! But I'm enjoying them both :)

message 12: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I gave up on Outlander, I just couldn't enjoy it... In a couple of days, I'm tackling Steelheart.

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I'm actually really enjoying Outlander but I think it's one of those series that some people love and some just don't!

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

message 17: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Chapter 5 - not really enjoying it so far...

message 20: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Chapter 6 - (view spoiler)

message 21: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I must be a terrible person, I'm not really feeling this... Peter's letter (view spoiler)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 23: by Tati (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tati | 10171 comments My big issue with this was this was too similar to another book I read this month, The Secrets We Keep