Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please add new cover

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments I listened to this version of And Then There Were None which doesn't have a cover uploaded.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I took a photo of it on my mobile phone and have uploaded it to my profile. Could someone please add it to the linked version. Thank you. :)

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Please always provide an ISBN with a cover request, even when linking to the edition.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments Really? You can't just follow my link?

Oh, that's a shame as it was a library audio book and I no longer have it.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Sorry, I was confused with providing page numbers (I actually think it makes sense to request ISBNs for cover adds as well).

Is this the edition you listened to? http://www.worldcat.org/title/and-the...

Did you already delete the photo from your profile? I you can reupload, I'll add it.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments I'm at work now so will check and re-upload the photo tonight :)

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Great :)

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments I'm as certain as I can be that the one on worldcat is the same version. :)

I've re-uploaded the photo to my profile.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
lethe wrote: "(I actually think it makes sense to request ISBNs for cover adds as well)."

It's certainly preferable. However, there are more indicators that a wrong edition might have been linked for a cover (like the linked edition already having one) than for page number. Where there is often no way to know that the most popular edition was accidentally linked instead of the one needing correction.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments Brilliant, thank you for uploading the image for me. :)

Can I ask a question before I start another thread (I will start one in the right place if you can advise!).

I've got another Agatha Christie audio book out of the library, but I actually have this one with me.

The ISBN on the back is 1405670339 but that doesn't yield any results.

Is there a special place I request it being added? The link below shows it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dumb-Witness-...

Do I request a new addition in "adding new books" or is there a specific audio book forum?

I'm sorry to ask. I like the correct edition if possible and I've added quite a few pictures over my time here, which I think helps, but there are so many rules here that sometimes I feel a bit out of my depth.

I hope you don't mind me asking. :) If I should post this somewhere else, maybe you could post a link to the correct place for me?

Thanks in advance.

message 11: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Janet, the best folder to request new books to be added is this one: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

However if you post in the wrong place we won't just ignore your request ;)

Added: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 12: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments No problem at all, ask away. It's what we're here for :)

There is no specific audio book forum. You can either post a request in 'adding new books' or, since this is not a completely new book but rather a new edition of a book already on GR, in 'book issues'.

message 13: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Ah, thanks, Ellie! :)

message 14: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments Brilliant - thanks. :)

I've uploaded a photo of the box for Dumb Witness, ISBN 1405670339 to my profile - could you upload this, please?

Thanks both of you for all your help :)

message 15: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Done Janet, can you provide the number of CDs or the running time?

message 16: by Janet (new)

Janet | 234 comments Sure. It's 6 CDs long. From the back cover it says "Playing Time 7hrs 18mins" :)

message 17: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Brilliant, added :D

message 18: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Moved # of CDs from edition field to description and made it 8 "hours". (Round up, not down. A book with 207 1/3 pages is 208 pages -- same for audiobooks.)

message 19: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) rivka wrote: "Moved # of CDs from edition field to description and made it 8 "hours". (Round up, not down. A book with 207 1/3 pages is 208 pages -- same for audiobooks.)"

Sure, will do :)

message 20: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments rivka wrote: "lethe wrote: "(I actually think it makes sense to request ISBNs for cover adds as well)."

It's certainly preferable. However, there are more indicators that a wrong edition might have been linked ..."

Didn't see your reply before. Thanks, that makes sense.