Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Frog Prince
This topic is about The Frog Prince
Book Cover Help > Book Cover Change

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle (last edited Aug 06, 2015 01:38PM) (new)

Elle Lothlorien | 2 comments Hello! I was reading about how change book covers on Goodreads, and the process seemed to consist of creating a new edition. I created a new edition of my book, The Frog Prince, but I was not aware that doing so would not combine reviews from the old edition. I believe I did something wrong. Can you help me merge these editions?

message 2: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) You've done it correctly. The only issue is that the new edition should have as a publishing date the month when it is being released with a new cover. However the editions are combined.

As it is a new edition, it might take some time to show stats properly, however I do see the ratings and reviews. Not sure what do you see on your dashboard but that is not something librarians has access to. Can you elaborate on what you think you've done wrong?

You can also change your default edition: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Oh, I did combine with the German edition. Was that the one you meant?

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle Lothlorien | 2 comments It was not, however, I was not aware that translations are meant to be combined with the original book.
I made the alternate cover edition the default edition. Thank you!

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Elle wrote: "It was not, however, I was not aware that translations are meant to be combined with the original book.
I made the alternate cover edition the default edition. Thank you!"

Welcome.

Yes we do combine translations.