#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2015 - TV&Movie Adaption > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 5 & 6

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Aug 06, 2015 09:54AM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2035 comments Mod
How's your reading going?

Have you read either of the group reads? If so be sure to let us know your thoughts on said book in the discussion threads :)

So far I've read Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson I read a little before the start of the ReadAThon That I won't count. I'm counting 301 of the pages towards my total.(The books is 337 Pages in total)

Then I read The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple #1) by Agatha Christie and that was 259 pages.

So in total so far I've read 560 Pages. Not bad considering I didn't read any books(I say books cause fanfiction hahaha) Wednesday.

I hope everyone's reading is going well!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I'm done with my picks for on both the 1st to 4th days I've already ready both books which were Jaws by Peter Benchley and Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers ,so I 'm going to try and read some of White Shark by Peter Benchley ,they made a movie from it called Creature in 1998.its written by the same author as Jaws.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Reading White Shark by Peter Benchley and I'm 51 pages in it,its been awhile since I've read it and I'm loving it,while I did like Jaws by Peter Benchley and give that one a four and a half stars,this one is differently a five star rating,while I did see the movie they made by in 1998 ,the movie Creature was good bit this book is a hole lot better.which means while I liked the movie,I however love the book .

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenvergauwen) I didn't finish Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard today as I had planned. Hope to get in a few more chapters before going out tonight. I'm currently at page 185 of 244. Only read 84 pages today. Maybe I can het to a good 100 pages tonight?

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So how is everyone doing.right now I'm only 73 pages in my book, but I'm planning to keep reading.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 5: Completed Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones currently pg 331

The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis currently pg 34

I don't think I'll be getting to any other books tomorrow. So just these two for Day 6...unless I pick up James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl to break up the adult book. Sometimes I get tired of reading the same book.

message 7: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 188 comments Day 5 I read the last 79 pages of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Not a lot but I loved it! So glad it's mine, and it's the whole thing, not part 1 like I thought!!!

Pages So Far: 802
Books So Far: 4

message 8: by Kirsten (last edited Aug 08, 2015 05:08AM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments DAY FIVE Reading update/TBR:
A Bear Called Paddington - 0/159 <-still on my TBR
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja - 187/187 - Complete!
Marley & Me - abridged audio (listened to an hour - no idea how to count that page number wise - help!)

Total pages read this day: 100 pages + 1 hr
Total pages read this RAT: 553 pages + 1 hr
Total Books completed: 3
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne Naruto, Vol. 01 The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) by Masashi Kishimoto

Total pages read including just for Booktube-a-thon books: 819

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenvergauwen) Not a lot of reading today. About to finish Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard and maybe read Paper Towns by John Green tonight before bed.

message 10: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments So I managed to finish Saving Grace and Are You There Vodka It's Me Chelsea today!

message 11: by Lara (last edited Aug 08, 2015 10:00PM) (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Yesterday was incredibly busy for me so sadly I was only able to read 38 pages of The Book Thief. I probably won't get much further today too because I've been cleaning and have my niece's bday party to go to this afternoon. But I'll read as much as possible! ^_^ I can't believe tomorrow is the last day!!!
((end of day edit)
As I suspected, I wasn't able to read much today. I got a whopping 36 pages done! Lol. I'm really hoping I can marathon through the rest of the book tomorrow. Only 175 pages left. If I can effectively tell everyone to sod off, I can totally finish it before the readathon ends. Haha. =p

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 6 was amazing!!! Finshed: Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis currently on pg 49

I'm hoping to pick up either Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times by Emma Trevayne or Insanity by Susan Vaught tomorrow. I think Rules of Attraction will take to long to read in a day.

message 13: by Lorien (last edited Aug 09, 2015 07:39PM) (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 188 comments Due to a busy day at work, I only read a further 64 pages in William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back.

Pages So Far: 866
Books So Far: 4

message 14: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenvergauwen) Day 6: the only day I've barely read a page. I read 12 pages of Pretty Little Liars. *Shame*
Total of pages read this read-a-thon: 812

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments DAY SIX Reading update/TBR:
A Bear Called Paddington - 0/159 <-still on my TBR
Marley & Me - (figured my page count based on comparing the abridged audio to the unabridged audio then to the unabridged book) 30/180

Total pages read this day: 0 pages (read part of Burned which doesn't count for this RAT: 167)
Total pages read this RAT: 583 pages
Total Books completed: 3
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne Naruto, Vol. 01 The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) by Masashi Kishimoto

Total pages read including just for Booktube-a-thon books: 1046 (woo over 1000!)

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I didn't read at all on the 8/8/15 because that's that dead my Dad passed away on back in 8/8/10 ,so I'm still reading White Shark by Peter Benchley

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairescragglepine) | 63 comments Day 5: 10 Pages Read
Day 6: 0 Pages Read

Total Pages Read: 120