Pakistani Readers discussion

Debates n Discussions > Movie vs Books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rao (new)

Rao Javed | 713 comments I always wanted to read, The Hunger Games, but I use to wonder why I should read the book when I van watch the movie . However, I saw the movie and loved but I am curious to know what are the view of the book reader about the movie. do you like it as a book or as a movie. What it better reading a book in a month watching the movie in few hours?

message 2: by Zenab (new)

Zenab Ch | 2099 comments Mod
I haven't seen or read the hunger games, but the book is always better. The movie could sometimes be just as good. I've yet to see a movie I liked more than the book after having read the book beforehand.

message 3: by Risha (new)

Risha | 1549 comments I read Hunger Games before the movie. It honestly is the ONLY series where I've liked the movies better. The acting by J LAW is stellar and the production values are stunnibg, too

message 4: by Risha (new)

Risha | 1549 comments The last book, Mockingjay, was better in the book. Although, the second part is yet to release

message 5: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
The movies for hunger games are surprisingly good but I like the books better. second part catching fire was my favorite book in the series

message 6: by Maira (new)

Z that was a long list and I have read all of these series and I have to agree they are really good. movies for hunger games are also good but for shadow hunter series not so much. as for divergent the movie was really good. they covered all the main parts from the book. can't wait for the third movie.

message 7: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments I think TFIOS movie was good but Divergent was horrible. They changed the story, Shailene Woodley is totally different from Tris. I didn't like the movie at all.

message 8: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments I loved Tobias but I didn't like the movie at all. I was really excited for it because I loved the series but the movie disappointed me.
Btw, have you guys seen Paper Towns yet?

message 9: by Zenab (new)

Zenab Ch | 2099 comments Mod
Zainab that is my problem with movies. The movie makers take all these liberties with the characters. Most of the times they steal their essence.

message 10: by zainab (last edited Aug 06, 2015 09:15AM) (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments @Zenab Yeah! And the books are so deep and we feel emotions while reading them but the movies are not like that. They are shallow. I always try to avoid watching the movies that are based on the books I've read.

message 11: by Maira (new)

Zanib: Tris and Tobias in the movie were exactly how I predicted them to be.

message 12: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments Zainab*
Well, we all have different opinions :)

message 13: by Rao (new)

Rao Javed | 713 comments I have not read, Lord of the ring but I am quite sure that the movie way better then the books

message 14: by Rao (new)

Rao Javed | 713 comments No, I mean the type of action that was shown in the movie, it was impossible to show such action in the books

message 15: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments What about Twilight book series? I haven't read the book but the movies are in the worst movies list.

message 16: by Rao (new)

Rao Javed | 713 comments And the books are too. twilight is so dumb.

message 17: by Rao (new)

Rao Javed | 713 comments Sorry! But I don't know why people like twilight...I don't know why people like love stories. I hate love stories

message 18: by Maira (last edited Aug 07, 2015 03:43AM) (new)

Rao...I love both the movie as well as the books of LOTR. they were phenomenal movies and books of their time and still are. :P

I agree Twilight was THE WORST BOOK AND MOVIE EVER. Edward needs a new makeup artist and Bella needs acting lessons pronto. ;p

message 19: by Maira (new)

♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan-♥-Manik Malhotra ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "*CRYING* STOP HATING ON TWILIGHT YAAR!"

Sorry...No offence :P...I will ask for your opinion on Twilight after you leave High school :P

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan-♥-Manik Malhotra ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "*CRYING* STOP HATING ON TWILIGHT YAAR!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHO DARES??

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

me too :P lol.

message 22: by Maira (new)

♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan-♥-Manik Malhotra ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "lool.. i think ill always love it!! it what made ma and aniza such good friends."

Oh..good good then. ;p

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 24: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments @Maira your comment about Twilight Lmao xD
I wanted to read it but I heard that it was all cheesy love story.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan-♥-Manik Malhotra ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "I LIKED IT!! ACTUALLY NO I LOVED IT!!"

YES, WE LOVED IT!!! <3<3<3<3

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I knw

message 28: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments Who got to watch far from the madding crowd's movie.. Latest or the old, and whichever.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

And TRIS AND TOBIAS WERE AWESOME....PERFECT COUPLE

message 30: by Maira (new)

Omaid wrote: "Who got to watch far from the madding crowd's movie.. Latest or the old, and whichever."

I have seen the trailer it appears to be good. Will watch it soon.

message 31: by Faheem (new)

Faheem  (faheeem) | 1596 comments Mod
Rao wrote: "I have not read, Lord of the ring but I am quite sure that the movie way better then the books"

No, Just No,

Lord of the Rings movie adaption without any doubt was really really good. One of the best, if not the best, movie adaption ever. It stayed very close to the original work & theme. Had very little additions; mostly good but some really bad ones.

Having I said that, I must say the Lord of the Rings books are much better. Yes the movies have great battle scenes,fights with some amazing back ground music & stunning visual effects. Despite every thing the movies, don't & cannot recreate the book in its true form. Some of the essence is lost due to a large number of restriction.

I would recommend you read the LOTR books, you might find the initial sections a little boring, just skip them & read on. Hopefully you like the book.