Read by Theme discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What We're Reading > August 2015: Books from a series

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 82 comments Sorry for the delay everyone! I was out of the country... The poll for August's theme is the winner is Books from a series! Lots and lots of options here. Here is your monthly inspiration:

Series Book Lists
Popular Series Books
Best Trilogies/Book Series

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic in the month's folder (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for September's theme. The poll for October's theme is now open!

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I'm reading Measure of Days by Cynthia Harrod Eagles,no.30 in a book dynasty. The Measure of Days (Morland Dynasty, #30) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara | 57 comments I just finished Little Women and I didn't know this classic book was actually part of a Trilogy. I didn't enjoy it as much since it's a bit outdated for todays modern era. So, I will not continue with the series. Instead I will be reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the first book of the Millennium Trilogy.

message 4: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I am about to start From a High Towerwhich is part of the Elemental Masters series by Mercedes Lackey. Many of the books in this series are based on fairy tales. This one is based on Rapunzel.

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara | 35 comments I'm reading The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley

message 6: by Silver (new)

Silver I have been on vacation so I am a bit late in posting, but as part of my vacation reading for I have started reading Catching Fire for book in a series.

message 7: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) I just finished Mrs. Jeffries and the Merry Gentlemen (Mrs. Jeffries, #32) - Emily Brightwell (3 stars)

I read the first 3 books in this series and was not eager to continue with the many more titles to follow. I had this one other one and decided to read this to see if I'd find any incentive to read the in-between ones. I did not. This is very similar to the first 3 with a few changes in characters.

message 8: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 101 comments Started Stormbreaker tonight. It is a young adult book so it will be a quick read.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 14 comments I'm in the middle of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

message 10: by Jasmiina (new)

Jasmiina F (slipperbunny) I read The Fourth Bear from The Nursery Crime series. Too bad there's only two books in this series because I loved this book.

message 11: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 101 comments Continuing on with the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz. Starting Point Blank.

message 12: by Jasmiina (new)

Jasmiina F (slipperbunny) I just read Doctor Who: I Am a Dalek(Doctor Who: Quick Reads #1) and it was great.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I finished Edge of Darknesswhich is an anthology that includes Dark Crime # 27 in the Carpathian series.

Fun book to read.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 1 comments I'm going to be reading the legend series by Marie lu I already finished the first one but I'm super excited to continue with the series!!!!!

message 15: by Paula (last edited Aug 18, 2015 03:35PM) (new)

Paula (eden1013) I just started The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen in addition to re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling .

message 16: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (euphemy) | 27 comments Amanda wrote: "I'm in the middle of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

Amanda, I am doing the same. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling I started reading the series last year and it is one of my favorites.

message 17: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I just started reading Looking Through Darkness: A Trading Post Novel which is the second in the Trading Post romantic suspense series by Aimee and David Thurlo. These are actually mysteries with a strong element of romance that also contain Navajo content. Since Aimee Thurlo passed away, it seems likely that there won't be any more in the series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.