What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > The Anatomy of Horses

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments I have a query which is kind of the opposite of the usual one! I was looking through some old journals the other day and came across the title of a book I was reading in 2007. It was called "The Anatomy of Horses" or something similar. It was an audiobook. I think it was a novel, but it could have been a memoir, a history book or even a book of poems. Unfortunately, I can't remember a single other thing about it! No plot, no details, nothing. Google hasn't been any help in tracking it down.

If someone can help me locate this book and find the name of the author, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Can you rule out that it was a book about the actual anatomy of horses, for veterinarians or artists? George Stubbs wrote a famous one:

The Anatomy of the Horse

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments I can't imagine such a visual work as an audiobook. The heel bone connected to the ankle bone...

message 4: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments Yes, I can definitely rule out that it was a book about the actual anatomy of horses. I have vague thoughts that it may have been a literary historical fiction or biography about someone who was interested or involved with the anatomy of horses in some way, but I could be mis-remembering.

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments Inside the Halo and Beyond: The Anatomy of a Recovery by Maxine Kumin is memoir about a poet who was injured while horseback riding.

message 6: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments It doesn't ring a bell, but it sounds like a fascinating book. I've added it to my TBR list. Thanks :)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35123 comments Mod
Could it have been poetry such as Slade's Anatomy Of The Horse by Leon Slade?

message 8: by Briar Rose (last edited Aug 11, 2015 04:53PM) (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments It isn't Slade's Anatomy Of The Horse, but thank you for the suggestion of poetry. It gave me an idea that it might have been a poem I heard on the radio. I did some research, and I think it might be a dramatic poem/radio play called The Anatomy of Horses by Mette Jakobsen which aired in 2007. I'll have to get a copy of it to be sure, but thank you, I wouldn't have thought to look at the radio that aired around that time without your help!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35123 comments Mod
It pays to guess. :)

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Briar Rose, any updates? This has been in Possibly Solved since 2015.