Time to Shine Reading discussion

Summer 2015 Reading Progress > Zoë's Summer Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoë (last edited Aug 30, 2015 07:54AM) (new)

Zoë | 85 comments Books I've read so far this summer (Don't count in challenge):
-Heir of Fire
-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Books read after 11/08/15 (Counting to challenge):
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 15/08/15
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 18/08/15
-The Host 24/08/15
-The Wedding of Deadpool 25/08/15
-Cinder 30/08/15

Currently reading:

To read:

((I'm moving onto my Autumn reading project now so I will no longer post on my summer reading))

message 2: by Jude (new)

Jude (gowebsgo) | 75 comments Mod
How are you getting on? :)

message 3: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments Well I haven't had much chance to read but I've now finished Order of the Phoenix and I hoping to read the last two in the next week because I'm going to my Nana and Granddad so I'll have lots of time to read. Then I can move on to the Lunar Chronicles.

message 4: by Shiny (new)

Shiny | 100 comments Somebody's busy!

message 5: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments I finished Half-Blood Prince today so one of my books towards the challenge! I'm going onto Deathly Hallows now!

message 6: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments I finished Deathly Hallows today on my deadline!!! I like to rate books against the others in the series so I'm giving all of them 5 stars as I don't know which was the best! Although my favourite one is probably Goblet of Fire. Next I've decided to read The Host instead of Cinder because I only have the first one in the series and I'm not seeing the person I'm borrowing the next ones from until next week! I also seem to have a thing for long books at the moment!

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (casualion) The Lunar Chronicles are amazing! I read Cinder near the end of the school year and it is now one of my top fandoms!

message 8: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments Yeah I'm really looking forward to reading them because one of my friends at school really likes them so I'll definitely read them after The Host now I have two recommendations!

message 9: by Shiny (new)

Shiny | 100 comments Ones from me!!! :)
And it's THE HOST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments No it's not Shiny! You haven't even read them! I meant Hannah and Emma just recommended them as well!

message 11: by Shiny (new)

Shiny | 100 comments I'm taking about the host!!!! Duh!!

message 12: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments I finished The Host and really enjoyed the book although I got a bit bored towards the end (though that might have been because I have been reading for a while and so was getting distracted!) but I still rated it 5 stars as it is a very well written book. I am now going on to Cinder which shouldn't take too long as it is quite a bit shorter than other books I've been reading recently!

message 13: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments I put reading Cinder on hold this morning because I've been waiting to read a comic for ages and I was given one yesterday so I was reading it this morning. I don't know if it would count towards the challenge but as you can rate them on Goodreads I'm going to count it for now. I'll go back to reading Cinder now.

message 14: by Zoë (new)

Zoë | 85 comments I've now managed to finish Cinder before the end of summer reading although I didn't reach the target amount of books. (I would have if I started earlier in the holidays!) I'm going to start my Autumn reading tomorrow and see how many books I can read that season.