Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

General Discussions > Tim Marquitz

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greg (new)

Greg | 332 comments Just learned about Tim Marquitz via an interview at Fantasy Faction. Has anybody here read his books?

message 2: by Greg (new)

Greg (adds 2 TBR list daily) Hersom no, but I have some and hope to read them. I did read one of his shorts in Blackguards though. It was really good.

message 3: by Ashe (new)

Ashe Armstrong (ashearmstrong) | 205 comments I bought Demon Squad 1 finally but I've known Tim in varying degrees for a while now, and he's a great guy. Very in love with the business and loves genre. On top of that, some family stuff has popped up that might make him have to give up writing full time so buy his stuff!

message 4: by S.E., Gray Mouser (last edited Aug 16, 2015 09:28AM) (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2273 comments Mod
Ashe wrote: "I bought Demon Squad 1 finally but I've known Tim in varying degrees for a while now, and he's a great guy. Very in love with the business and loves genre. On top of that, some family stuff has pop..."

I do not know Tim's work yet, but he is the editor-in-chief of Ragnarok Publications. Also, I have begun to follow Grimdark Magazine and he seems connected with it... he's on the judging panel of the Excerpt Battle-Off competition:
http://grimdarkmagazine.com/pages/the...

message 5: by Ashe (new)

Ashe Armstrong (ashearmstrong) | 205 comments Yeah, Ragnarok is good stuff. They just released a short story collection for Edward M. Erdelac too.

message 6: by S.E., Gray Mouser (last edited Aug 16, 2015 02:41PM) (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2273 comments Mod
Ashe wrote: "Yeah, Ragnarok is good stuff. They just released a short story collection for Edward M. Erdelac too."

Aug 16th 2015... Tim Marquitz has his Demon Squad series on sale for ~1USD each currently. I just grabbed the Kindle of Blood Wars for free = Dawn of War.

message 7: by Greg (new)

Greg | 332 comments I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of that book! I have so much to read at the moment I think it will take a while for me to get around to checking out Marquitz. I'm also starting to prefer print as opposed to screen books so I think I'll wait until I find a hardcopy of one of his books before checking him out.

message 8: by Ashe (new)

Ashe Armstrong (ashearmstrong) | 205 comments I forgot Dawn of War was on sale right now too.

Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dawn of War (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tim Marquitz (other topics)
Edward M. Erdelac (other topics)