Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Poems and Psalms of the Hebrew Bible (Oxford Bible Series)
Book Issues > Please combine

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments A search for "Gillingham Poems and Psalms of the Hebrew Bible" returns three entries. They are the same book. I have linked above to the first entry returned. It has both hardback and paperback editions, each with the respective correct ISBN 13. But there are two problems: Sue Gillingham uses S.E. Gillingham as her name on her books, and the name of the series (Oxford Bible Series) is missing.
This is the second entry: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1.... It refers to the Kindle edition, has the correct ASIN, author name conforms to the cover usage and GR style, and has the name of the series. It is lacking a cover image. I checked my copy on my Kindle, it has the same cover as the pb. ed. in listing 1, so I think it can be added.
This is the third entry: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2.... The author's name is correct, S E, but does not conform to GR style, as it lacks periods. It also lacks the series. And is has an ISBN and publication date (2014). I thought this might be a 2d edition, but I don't find verified at the OUP website; this still lists the 1994 pb. edition with the corresponding ISBN13, nor on the author's page at Amazon.co.uk, nor on WorldCat.
Would someone please combine these three? Any help in solving the mystery behind the third entry would be appreciated as well.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22748 comments Henry, a quick check of books listed under Susan Gillingham lists at least 3 different spellings.

Susan Gillingham, S.E. Gillingham & Susan E. Gillingham

However, you are correct in that the books listed under S.E. Gillingham should have that name listed as author.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22748 comments Fixed

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments Sandra wrote: "Fixed"

Thanks, Sandra. You are right about the variation in her name. I should have spotted that on her author's page on Amazon.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41693 comments Mod
Sandra wrote: "Henry, a quick check of books listed under Susan Gillingham lists at least 3 different spellings.

Susan Gillingham, S.E. Gillingham & Susan E. Gillingham"

If there is no reason to keep them separate (if she publishes under all 3 interchangeably), merging them all into Susan E. Gillingham would be fine.

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments rivka wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Henry, a quick check of books listed under Susan Gillingham lists at least 3 different spellings.

Susan Gillingham, S.E. Gillingham & Susan E. Gillingham"

If there is no reason to ..."

Thanks, Rivka. I haven't checked yet to see if her other books are on GR. One could make an author page for her.